xxx. Brand New Moves

—✧—✧—✧—✧—

—✧—✧—✧—✧—

THIRTY BRAND NEW MOVES

—✧—✧—✧—✧—

       ALMOST NOTHING IS SEEN of Holly, who's buried her face in every textbook possible in preparation for her O.W.Ls, and to try and battle through the realisation that Dumbledore has been replaced by Umbridge. Holly can't feel the warmth leaving the school, not just yet, apparently that's the first sign of a school descending into evil. Hogwarts isn't there yet. It just has a wicked headmistress, with her own little band of students docking points off of others and sending them into detentions — the Inquisitorial Squad, consisting of Slytherins, with Holly somehow one of the members.

       She isn't quite sure how, but apparently, since she mentioned the D.A. once in October and she 'caught Potter,' she's the reason they exist. Which she finds to be silly, especially since the last one is a terrible lie. She was refusing to go along with 'Potter's' plan but then he had to say You know why I am, and well, it shoved her into a daze and she couldn't quite think straight because she kept on thinking what what what what what.

       Everything is falling apart, though, and Holly's doing what Holly's always done. Pretend the world is fine and keep on walking. Her friends are too excited about this elite group they've all been roped into to realise what they're actually doing. Part of Holly feels as though they're just excited that the headteacher finally likes them. It's wrong, yeah, but they're in a daze. They'll realise eventually. She did. Everyone does.

       But, the most important thing, right now, is her exams. It's helping her get through this without being in a constant spiral of right or easy she won't rebel do you not have the stomach for this, Miss Lippincott? She thinks this is the first time she's ever been thankful for the existence of exams, because they're the perfect excuse to take her mind off of the horror at hand — or the amount of chaos being caused by the entirety of the student body, all inspired by Fred and George's departing spectacle.

       "This is madness," says Holly, as she walks into the kitchens, where Harry's already waiting for her. It's lunchtime, twenty minutes before their Charms exam, but they've both been busy... Well, Holly's been too busy absorbing all the information in every textbook known to man, and by the time midnight strikes, she cannot lift her head off of her pillow. So here they are, finding solutions. "I think I saw someone on the Inquisitorial Squad get pushed into the lake earlier."

       "Aren't you on that Inquisitorial Squad?" asks Harry.

       "Apparently I'm the leader?" says Holly, looking at him incredulously. She shrugs. "I have no idea. I'm trying to distance myself from it... They don't realise how stupid they're being, but they won't listen. So I'm just going to revise."

       She glances down, to where a white cat is hissing at a house-elf.

       "I found out who told Umbridge," says Harry.