Chapter 16

After what happened at the gym I drove straight home and locked myself in my room. After awhile, I started to get hungry so I quietly went out of my room and stopped at the stairs as I heard the front door open.

"I'm home!" It was Alec. My other brothers all said hi back. "Where's Alison?"

"She's in her room," Toby said.

"Did something happen again this year?" He asked. Last year, Claire spread a rumor during summer about my mom leaving me because she hated all her kids and wished we were dead. There's always somebody who'll also cat call or say something sexual towards me and I cringed and felt disgusted. A year ago, I was leaving to come home at night from the store, Mikey was paying for something, and before I made it to my car I was grabbed by some man. He almost raped me, if Mikey hadn't ran out in time, god knows what would have happened. My dad got the man in jail and my brothers became more protective of me.

I went into my room and washed my face, heading into my closet to change into comfortable clothes. I head downstairs to get some food and sit with my brothers. I made my way into the kitchen and saw Alec, as soon as he saw me he gave me a bone crushing hug.

"I'm sorry Ali," he said.

"It's not your fault," I said. "There are idiots everywhere." He let out a chuckle.

"Want me to make you some dinner?" He asked.

"Nah, I'm not that hungry, I'm just gonna have yogurt," I said and he gave me a smile. He left with loads of food into the living room with the rest. I took out my yogurt, along with different fruits, and granola. After creating my masterpiece, I joined my brothers in the living room. "Hola," I said.

"Hey," they said with a big smile on their faces.

~*~

After watching a movie and laughing till our stomachs hurt, I got up and stopped by the kitchen to wash my bowl and head up to my room. I took a quick 15 minute shower changing into pajamas. I grabbed the book I was currently reading and went to my ledge as I sat and read. 

I jumped when I heard something hit my window, I looked outside and saw Cole, who gave me a small smile. I opened my window and we just sat there, looking at each other and giving each other small smiles.

"Thank you," I blurt out. "For punching that kid."

His smile grew wide, "Anytime baby." His smile then fell, "does that happen all the time?" 

"Just last year and this year, but it doesn't happen often," I said. "Usually Claire starts a rumor and stuff like this happens, my brothers intervene and it stops."

"I hate Claire," he says and lets out a huff. "She was great the first time, but now she's too clingy and thinks we're dating," he shuddered.

"That's what happens when you hook up with Claire," I said. "She hooks onto you with her fake nails and won't let you go."

"Why does she hate you?"

"Multiple reasons," I said. "The main one is, before she went into high school she was sporty. In freshman year we both tried out for the Varsity teams, she didn't make it on any team while I was practically a starter for all of them. She was so  embarrassed that she choose to be one of the bitches because it still made her popular. Also, there was the time were all four of my brothers rejected her and yelled at her when she wouldn't stop."

"Damn-" he was cut off by a cute little girl.

"Cowe, come pway with me," she said tugging on his arm.

"What about Zac?"

"He fell asweep," she said.

"Of course he did," Cole laughed. He has a nice laugh. "Give me two minutes, okay?" She nodded and left his room. He looked towards me and gave me a genuine smile and I returned it. "Goodnight baby," he said with a wink as I rolled my eyes but still had the smile on my face. His face then went serious, "no matter what, I'm here for you Alison."

I nodded and said, "goodnight Cole." He closed his window as did I and yawned. I closed my curtains but a left a crack open for the moonlight, I walked over and set my book down on my nightstand and crawled into bed. I think I'm starting to like Cole Jacobs.