Chapter 38

Nearly two weeks had gone by, I felt a little weird. I was unsure of how to feel. Bella and my brothers were coddling me, treating me like I'm fragile and about to break apart. Arden and my dad were the only ones who treated me the same.

I saw Cole everywhere. After all, we do still have the same classes. Zac was still there for me, and fortunately, he wouldn't talk about anything that had Cole in it with me. It was lunch, Zac had started to not sit with us so often, he would be sitting at a nearby table with Cole.

"I want to punch him," Mikey said. I was picking at my food. I let out a sigh.

"Mikey, you won't do anything to him," I said.

"Why haven't you done anything?" Mikey asked. "Ow!" He winced and I saw that Toby had smacked him.

"Can you shut up?" He asked. 

"Hey guys," Cameron said, walking by our table. Mikey was distancing himself away after Sam told him everything that went on between us, he was disgusted by Cameron.

I learned from Zac, a few days ago, that Bianca was sent packing back to their old town. It turned out Mr and Mrs. Jacobs weren't her biggest fans either. Unfortunately, I still had to deal with Cameron.

Looking over to Arden, I saw she was looking at something. Following her gaze, I saw it was Cole and Zac.

"Why are you looking at them?" I asked.

"He looks miserable," she said. "You guys were only dating for a couple months, yet he looks so miserable."

"I think," I hesitated. "I think, our relationship could've grown into something more. I think we were just moving too fast."

"Would you get back together?" She asked. Directing her gaze to me, she looked at me as she waited for an answer.

The bell rang, saving me from having to answer that question.

I had science next, and things were a little awkward between Cole and I. However, I would rather be partners with Cole than with Cameron. Cole doesn't try to talk to me, unless we have to and I'm thankful for that.

~*~

My practice was canceled today, but I didn't have my car so I decided to sit outside and watch the football practice.

I pulled out some of my homework, working on it, while casually glancing up at the field. I heard whispers around me, but I didn't pay much mind to it.

"That's her," I heard someone say.

"She's Cole's ex?" Another girl said.

"Yeah," gripping onto my pencil, I tried to block them out and continue my homework.

"She's so ugly."

"I wonder why they broke up?"

"Isn't it obvious?! Just look at her." My pencil broke and I felt their gazes on me. Throwing my notebook and my now broken pencil into my bag, I got up from the bleachers and decided to leave. I was only a few steps above from the bottom, meaning I got some of the football players' attention, one of them being Cole's.

"Ali, are you okay?" Toby asked, jogging to me.

"Yeah," I said. "I think I'm just going to see if Alec can come and take me home," he nodded and left to get back to practice.

I pulled out my phone and was about to text Alec, when I heard someone call my name. Looking up, I saw that it was Zac.

"Do you need a ride?" He asked and I gave him a small smile, nodding my head. Getting into his car, he brought up the radio as we let it drown out the silence.

"No practice?" He asked.

"Nope, it was canceled," I said.

"I see," he said, glancing at me, but quickly refocused on the road. Luckily we don't live too far from the school. I spent the car ride looking out the window and listening to whatever was playing on the radio. Eventually I saw our houses just up ahead and Zac pulled into his driveway.

Getting out, I thanked him and went to my own house.

Alec was surprised to see me, but I explained everything and he just nodded. I was about to make my way upstairs when he stopped me.

"Do you want me to get you anything?" He asked. "Food, water, a soda, movies..."

"Alec, I'm fine," I said.

"Alison-"

"I'm fine!" I yelled out. Running a hand through my hair, I ran upstairs and into my room, shutting it behind me and falling flat onto my bed. I prayed that I wouldn't be bothered anymore tonight, because I really just wanted some peace and quiet.

I was sick and tired of how they all treated me, like I was some fragile little girl. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

After nearly three years, hell maybe even four, this story is coming to an end.

I started writing this story when I was just learning how to write creatively (I am still in school). 

However, I did have plans on having a sequel, and it might just happen. I don't know yet.

What are your thoughts?