Chapter 34

It took a while to calm Cole down yesterday, but once I finally did, we spent the evening together before I had to go home. 

School was about half way done, Cole had to run off and talk to a teacher, so I was meeting up with Arden and Bella to eat.

"Hey Alison," Cameron stopped in front of me. I rolled my eyes and tried to go around, but he kept cutting me off.

"What do you want?" I asked, clutching my books closer to my chest.

"I think you know what I want," he said, attempting to be sexy.

"Hm," I pretended to start thinking. "Nope, I don't know." All of a sudden Mikey and Sam appeared, Mikey wrapped an arm around Cameron's shoulders.

"Hey Cam," he said. His smile slowly faded when he saw me. "Alison." My idiot twin brother is still mad at me for driving his best friend away yesterday. He wasn't my biggest fan and since he's acting like an idiot, he isn't mine either.

I rolled my eyes, but said hi to Sam. I started walking off, when someone fell into step with me.

"So, why are you and Mikey fighting now?" Sam asked.

"Cause he's an idiot," I huffed out. Sam grabbed my arm and stopped me.

"You know he's just really happy Cameron's back, right? He's just mad cause they were supposed to hang out yesterday, but he left after talking to you."

"Cameron should be glad he left without a black eye," I said.

"Why? What happened yesterday, Ali?" I dragged him through the doors that led outside.

"I was minding my business, getting myself some fruit, when he trapped me and wouldn't let me go. He started to get mad with me, telling me to break up with Cole and that he loves me and I love him," I said. "Cameron has become psychotic!" I exclaimed.

"Holy shit," Sam said. "Why didn't you tell Mikey?"

"You really think he would believe me?" I questioned, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Let me handle it, little sis," Sam said, standing up and making his way inside.

"Wait, what," I turned to face his retreating back. "I've been handling it just fine!" I yelled out, he just gave me a small wave and continued. As soon as he walked back inside, Arden and Bella came walking out, looking around.

"Alison! There you are!" Bella exclaimed.

"We were looking all over for you," Arden said. 

"Yeah, I was talking to Sam," I said. They didn't push it any further, Bella dragged us both inside, claiming it was still too hot to be outside. I finally sat down and was able to eat, although, I barely had enough time to eat. Once I finished, the bell rang and I left Arden and Bella to go to my locker and gather my things.

"Dude! Look what I just got on video!" Somebody yelled out as they ran to their friend, phone in hand.

"Whoa! Are those the two new football players?!" His friend exclaimed. I stood there frozen. Quickly collecting myself, I threw my things in my locker and slammed it shut, pulling my phone out I dialed Cole's number, but there was no answer.

Running to the guys, I grabbed the one who had the video by the collar and slammed him against the lockers.

"Who's fighting?" I questioned.

"U-uh C-Cole a-and t-that n-new g-guy," he stuttered.

"Where did this fight take place?" I seethed.

"T-the b-back o-of t-the f-field," he continued to stutter out, holding his arms up. I quickly let go of him and ran out to the field.

Reaching the field, I was panting. Worryingly, I looked around, but there was no sign of them.

"Cole!" I yelled out. "Cole!"

"Fuck you!" I heard Cole yell faintly and then a grunt noise, I prayed to god that wasn't Cole. I ran to the direction I heard it and saw Cameron and Cole both fighting. Quickening my pace, I got there quickly.

"Stop!" I yelled, but it didn't work, they just kept fighting. I knew yelling wouldn't work, so I looked around and found a football laying around. Grabbing it, I turned and threw it at Cameron. It hit him right in the head causing him to fall back, Cole was ready to lunge at him, but I stopped him. "Cole, stop," I pleaded. He stood there, a fist was made and hung over his head. Just one swift motion and a hard punch would have made its way to Cameron's head. He hesitated, before simply nodding and got up, pulling me into a hug.

"Hey!" We quickly jumped apart, and I saw my three brothers running this way.

"What the hell happened?" Toby asked, looking between Cole and I, and a sleeping Cameron.

"Cameron?!" Mikey exclaimed and ran over to his best friend. 

"Relax Mikey," I spit out. "He probably has a concussion."

"Your boyfriend gave Cameron a concussion!" He exclaimed, and angrily stood up.

"No idiot," I stated. "I did," I said, sending him a glare. Mikey stood there, his mouth gaped open. Cameron had only been here for a few days and I already wanted him gone, it was worse knowing my brother adored him and wouldn't listen to his own damn sister. So much drama arose from him showing, and what made matters worse, I didn't know if Bianca was still here.

"Mikey," Sam interrupted. "Let's have a chat," Mikey hesitantly followed. I wanted to facepalm myself right now. This whole thing has turned into a ginormous mess and it was still the beginning of the school year.  

"What the hell is going on?" Toby asked. "Jesus, all of a sudden, all this drama flares up out of nowhere."

"It didn't come from nowhere," Cole mumbled.

"What?" Toby questioned, genuinely concerned. 

"You know, I should take Cole to the nurse," I stopped Cole from responding. Before Toby could say anything else, I started dragging Cole by the arm, away from all of them.

We didn't speak a word as we walked to the nurses office. She wasn't in today, but luckily, Cole wasn't badly harmed. I sat him down on one of the cots and went around the room, gathering what I needed to clean up his scratches and an ice pack for a bruise he had. Once I grabbed everything, I sat down across from him.

"I'm sorry," he said and winced as I started cleaning one of his cuts. 

I sighed.

"It's okay," I said. "If you didn't beat his ass, I would've. Plus, I know you wouldn't fight anyone unless they provoked you. So what happened?"

"I was talking to coach and after he left, Cameron showed up. He was going on and on about how much you loved him and everything you guys used to do," he said. He flinched when I put the ice pack under his left eye, where a dark purple bruise already formed. "Then I heard you yelling my name, he said something about how soon it would be over. He'd make sure of it."

I stopped and looked into his eyes.

"He can say whatever the fuck he wants to say, but no matter what, I'll never leave you. Especially not for him," Cole smiled, causing my own to appear as he pulled me to him and his lips met mine.