Chapter 24

It's been about an hour since the game and we were currently sitting in my living room. My brothers were on the long couch with their arms crossed glaring at Cole, I was sitting next to Cole, while I was glaring at them, and my dad and Cole were just sitting there with amused faces.

"Cole," my dad was the first to speak. "What are your intentions with my daughter?"

"Well Mr. Stevens," Cole said. "I would like to be her boyfriend, and I have good intentions for being with her. My feelings for her are no joke," he said looking at me with a big smile on his face and I mirrored his expression.

"I don't believe it."

"Liar."

"Dad, you don't seriously believe this bull."

"LIES!"

We all looked at Mikey, who yelled out lies, and shook our heads.

"Well," we all looked at my dad, who spoke up. "I believe you." My brothers gaped at him, "although, if she comes home upset because of something you have caused, well let me just tell you, I have a shotgun in my office." I mentally facepalmed, knowing full well he gave that shotgun to my uncle after Alec got a hold of it and accidentally shot it when he was ten.

Cole gulped, "Of course, sir." 

"Please," my dad started to laugh. "Call me Noah."

"Alright," Cole said, his phone buzzed as he pulled it out and checked the text. "I would love to stay and chat, but my parents just got home, and they are dying to hear about my first game."

"I'll walk you out," I said as I jumped up from my seat. Cole was saying goodbye and was having a short conversation with my dad as my brothers were glaring at him then switched it over to me. I simply rolled my eyes and felt Cole come up next to me. I looked up at him and gave him a smile that he happily returned.

Once we reached the front door, I opened it and before I knew it, his lips were on mine. It only lasted a second and he pulled away.

"What are you doing tomorrow?"

"Why?" I said with a small smirk appearing on my face.

"Because I want to take my girlfriend out tomorrow," he said and I swear my heart stopped beating when he called me his girlfriend.

"What time?"

"10:00 AM," he said and I got a little confused. "I want to spend the whole day with you," he said with a small shrug but a big smile on his face.

"Alrighty then," I said. "I guess I have plans then," he was confused and I laughed. "With you dummy," I rolled my eyes but laughed. Before he left, he gave me a quick peck on the lips then left, and I'm pretty sure we were both smiling like idiots.

I turned around and jumped when I saw my brothers standing there.

"How could you like him?" Sam said.

"Out of all people sis," Mikey said. Then I started thinking, did I really like Cole? Or do I like the idea of being with someone? It seemed that my brothers caught on to my thoughts. "Guys, I think she's second guessing."

"Boys, go to your rooms," my dad said. "Now." I was about to head upstairs, but he didn't let me. "Let's talk," I nodded and followed him into his home office. "Are you second guessing your feelings for Cole?"

"I-I think," I said. "I just, God I don't know," I stood up and began to pace. "I mean, I've known him for what, a couple of months? How am I so sure that I actually like him like that, or do I just like the idea of having a boyfriend." My dad came up and grabbed my shoulders to make me stop pacing.

"Tomorrow you are spending the whole day with him," my dad said. "Feel it out, see if you truly feel that romantic way towards him, and if you don't, then he needs to know. You cannot lead that poor boy on."

"Yea," I said and ran my fingers through my mid-length straight blondish-brown hair. "Thanks dad," I said and gave him a tight hug.

"Anytime sweetheart," he said and returned the hug.

"goodnight," I yelled out as I left his office and went up to my room. He yelled goodnight back as I went up the stairs. My curtains were closed and I kept my lights off as I quickly changed. I didn't know why, but I didn't want to talk to Cole. Although, my window was open a bit and I saw through the curtain cracks that his was open all the way. As I climbed into bed and put my phone on charge, I heard a door slam from his house. I quietly made my way over to my ledge, I peered through the curtains and saw an angry looking Cole in his room. I saw his door open again and this time Zac walked through. Their conversation wasn't clear, but I was able to make out these words...

"Don't worry bro, I'll make sure she stays away from you."

Who's this she?