Chapter 28

I got home around 4:00 PM, and when I walked in my brothers were looking me weirdly.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"You have an unusually large smile on your face," Mikey said and Sam slapped the back of his head.

"I'm happy," I said.

"So I'm guessing your date with the dipshit went well?" Alec asked.

I ignored the dipshit and answered the question, "my date with COLE, was amazing." I went upstairs, before I could be bombarded by any more questions. I decided to take another shower, seeing as how I smelled like lake water, all thanks to Cole.

The mention of the memories I made today brought a smile to my face, as my hand made it's way to my lips, vividly remembering the kiss we shared today.

I no longer doubt my feelings for Cole. After today, I knew that I really do like Cole Jacobs.

I went in to my bathroom and took a nice, hot shower. After showering, I stepped out and slipped on joggers and a random t-shirt. The nights started getting colder, so I slipped on some fuzzy socks that Bella got me.

"Oh shit," I told Arden and Bella that I would call and tell them. Walking over to my nightstand, I grab my phone and plop down on my bed, dialing Arden's number. It didn't even ring once, when Arden answered.

"Are you done with your date?"

"Yeah-"

"Wait don't say anything!" I heard Bella yell. "We're on our way!" The call ended and I sighed. Throwing my phone on my bed, I made my way to my ledge. I looked through my window and into Cole's. His back was to me and Zac was across for him. Zac had a big smile on his face, it was obvious he saw me, but he didn't point me out. Instead he typed something on his phone and I heard mine go off. Curious, I went to my phone and saw a message from Zac.

Zac: He won't stopping talking about your guys' date ;)

Me: Soon I won't be either.

The doorbell rang and I heard one of my brothers open it. I quietly close my curtains, seeing as how Cole's window was open. I threw my phone on my bed and opened my door. Before I could step outside, I was pushed back into my room and was sat on my bed, and my door was once again closed.

"Spill!" Bella squealed as she jumped onto my bed. Arden followed, but just sat down across from me.

"Well..." and that's how I spent the next two hours explaining my date with Cole. Of course it was interrupted by Bella and Arden every five minutes, but it was actually fun, but it felt a little weird.

~*~

We had been sitting in the living room watching a bunch of crappy romance movies that Bella just had to put on. The guys all left, seeing as they thought this was a form of torture. Dad came home a little while ago, and we talked before I joined my best friends again. During the third movie, I started to doze off. I slowly woke up to the voice Bella, Arden, and someone who I recognize.

"Please," the familiar voice said. "I just want to see her."

"No Cameron," Arden said. Cameron? 

"You don't get to make that decision for her."

"I know you're in love with her," Bella said.

"And, so what if I am?"

"She's seeing someone."

"I don't believe that," he said. "You know her brothers."

"It's been two years Cameron," Arden said.

"And if you don't believe us, I'll gladly call her boyfriend over," Bella said. All this time, during their conversation, I got up from the couch and made my way towards the front door.

"Hi Cameron," I mumbled out. Cameron was Mikey's childhood best friend. I'll admit, when I was thirteen, I had a crush on him, but that was three years ago. Not to mention, he moved two years ago. After that, I always saw him as a brother. Although, he was my first kiss. Before he left, he kissed me saying that he'd be back, no doubt that he came back to see me.

"Alison," he breathed out and his face lit up. Oh god.

"What are you doing back?"

"We moved back, and I just had to see you."

"Arden, Bella? Can I talk to him, alone." They looked at me skeptically and I mouthed 'it's fine.' They reluctantly nodded their heads and left.

"I've missed you so much," he came in to hug me but I stepped back.

"Please stay outside."

"Ali?" He tried to step back in, but I pushed him outside. "You've changed, a lot," he said looking me up and down and I shuddered.

"Yeah, well playing two sports and two years of not seeing each other does that," I said bluntly. From the corner of my eye, I saw the Jacobs' house door open and Cole step out, making his way over to us. Scratch that, to me. I couldn't help but look at him as a smile came onto my face. He ran over to me and kissed me, which I happily returned.

"Are you okay? Bella called and said you weren't," he said checking to make sure I was alright.

I laughed, "I'm fine." he relaxed and we heard a throat clear. "Cole this is Cameron, Mikey's childhood friend. Cameron this is Cole, my boyfriend." I may have purposely emphasized the boyfriend part. Cole is bigger and stronger than Cameron. Cameron was more of like the cute, good looking nerd, while Cole was more of the hot, smart athlete.

"I have to go," Cameron said sending a glare to Cole, before turning around and going to his car.