Chapter 37

I came back home after basketball practice today and I was beyond exhausted. I walked into the kitchen in hopes of finding a snack, but just the thought of food made me sick to my stomach. 

I heard our front door open, and the laughter from my brothers filled up the house. They walked into the kitchen and stopped when they saw me.

"I'm-I'm sorry," I croaked out. I felt my eyes start to become teary, not wanting to burden my brothers with what happened today, I ran out of the kitchen. Grabbing my things off the floor, I went to my room.

After closing the door, I threw my things on the floor and went in to take a shower, since I was sweaty from basketball. 

After changing into comfy clothes, I laid on my bed and wouldn't move. I heard a soft knock on my door, but I couldn't find it in me to say anything. The door opened and I looked up, only to see that it was Alec.

"I didn't know you were home," I whispered out.

"I just came home about ten minutes ago," he said. "Sam, Toby, and Mikey told me what happened," he said stepping into my room and closing the door. He made his way towards my bed and sat on the edge by me. "What they don't know, and are worried about, is why you acted like you did."

"I don't want to talk about it," I said softly.

"Do you want me to call Arden and Bella?" He asked. I nodded. He got up and placed a kiss on my forehead. "I'm worried about you, Ali. You know I'm always here for you," I nodded again and he left my room.

Fifteen minutes later, Arden and Bella rushed into my room.

"Alison, what's wrong?" Arden asked. Bella just looked at my face.

"You talked to Cole," she whispered out. After our talk, I hid away from them and managed to put on a smile during practice.

"What happened?" Arden said.

"I was wrong and everyone else was right," I said. "He's a player and I should have known..."

"He cheated on you?" Bella asked.

"No," I said. "He just flirted with other girls, and when I confronted him, he didn't deny it."

"Okay!" Bella said, standing on her feet. "I'll grab the movies and Arden grabs the snacks," Arden nodded and left my room. Bella was the first to get a boyfriend out of us, and when they broke up, we had started a thing which carried on to Arden's first breakup and Bella's second break up. 

She dragged me out of my bed, and forced me to go downstairs. My brothers were sitting and watching a basketball game, when Bella interrupted them.

"Boys," She acknowledged them and dragged me to the floor as she pulled out our bin of DVDs.

"What's going on?" Mikey asked.

"Nothing that concerns you," Bella answered. "Where are those movies," she mumbled.

"It involves my sister, Bella," Mikey said, standing up.

"Alison," Toby asked. "Are you okay?" I wouldn't answer. I honestly didn't know if I was okay, maybe I was totally fine.

"Alison?" Mikey asked.

"Got the snacks!" Arden yelled from the kitchen.

"Found the movies!" Bella cheered.

"I can't fucking believe it," Mikey said shaking his head as a laugh escaped from him. "I am going to murder that fucker." I should have known that Mikey would piece it together, considering he had joined us for when Bella broke up with her first boyfriend.

"Mikey?" Sam questioned. "Care to share?" There was a knock on our door, Mikey looked pissed while my other brothers were all confused. Alec got up to answer the door, I stood up and started towards the stairs.

"Hey Cole," I heard Alec say. I froze, Arden and Bella rushed to me and stood by me. Mikey walked past us, glancing at me as he walked by.

"Cole, I don't think it's a good idea for you to be here," Mikey said.

"Why wouldn't it be?" Alec asked.

"Cause it isn't," Mikey gritted out.

"What the hell is going on?!" Alec exclaimed.

"Ask Cole," Mikey said.

"Cole?" Alec asked.

"Uh-" he didn't get a chance to continue because I interrupted.

"Cole, leave," I said.

"I need to talk to you."

"I don't want to talk to you."

"Why wouldn't you want to talk to him?" Toby chimed in, he was standing next to Bella and Arden, Sam joined him too.

"Cause they're broken up!" Bella yelled. She gasped and covered her mouth, Arden let out a sigh.

"We're not over, we just had a fight... a really bad one," Cole said. "Which is why I'm here, to talk to Alison." I laughed.

"You were flirting with other girls," I seethed. Mikey was about to step in, but I pushed him away. "You knew I was mad. You were mad at me, while you let other girls rub against you!" He tried to come in, but I pushed him out the door. I stepped out with him. 

"But-"

"I meant what I said," I said and went back into my house. My brothers were looking down at me with pity and I hated it. Bella, Arden, and I went back up to my room, where we watched movies and ate a shit ton of food.