Chapter 19

It was Sunday, also it happened to be Stacey's birthday. We have been invited over for a birthday barbecue. While Cole was shopping for her gift from him, I got her a separate barbie set as well and was just finishing wrapping it up. I heard a few rocks being thrown at my window last night and I knew it was Cole, but I didn't want to see him. I closed my curtains last night and he's been blowing up my phone, along with Zac. I gave blunt answers to Zac, and didn't respond at all to Cole. A knock on my door took me out of my thoughts.

"Penny for your thoughts sweetie?" My dad asks as he walks in and closes his door. "What's wrong?" He asks and I turn to look at him.

"Nothing," I say but he didn't look too convinced. "Really dad, I'm fine. I've just been a bit stressed about the teams and getting this six year old's gift wrapped properly," I said with a laugh and my dad joined in.

"Don't stress about anything, you've already done this a year before," he said as he pulled me into a hug and kissed my forehead. "And for the wrapping, I think that is wrapped beautifully-" he paused before continuing. "I know Samantha is the one who is throwing this celebration, and I know your mother never did that for you-" I stopped him before he could continue.

"If I'm honest, yes that crossed my mind, but don't worry cause then I just remember all the fun birthdays you threw for Mikey and I, and how great they were," I told him and gave him a genuine smile which he returned.

"Well only the best for my kids," he said. "Now hurry up and finish getting ready, we're going over in about ten minutes." I nodded as he left my room. I was already dressed in jeans, with a decent top, along with a navy bomber because it's chilly outside. I went to my closet and slid on a pair of vans, grabbing the gift and my phone, I made my way downstairs. I saw my brothers downstairs on their phones waiting to go, I set the gift down and went to see what they were doing. Before I got to do anything though, my dad came down and told us it was time to go. 

We walked over and knocked on the door. After saying hi to Mr. and Mrs. Jacobs, Stacey ran up to us and gave us all hugs. Her face lit up when I gave her the gift I got, sadly though I was now facing the Jacobs brothers. They already said hi to my brothers, who've gone off god knows where so it was only us three.

"Hey guys," I said awkwardly.

"Zac, could I speak to Alison alone please?" Cole asked and Zac nodded. He gave me a quick hug  and said hi, which I returned then left.

"So-" I was cut off by Cole grabbing my arm and dragging me upstairs. "Cole!" He simple ignored me and took me into, what I guessed, his room. Which was the room across mine. He closed his door and came up close to me, way too close. "Cole?" I whispered out.

"Why have you been ignoring me?" I gulped.

"I-I"

"Well?" I got my senses back and pushed him away. Let's just say he was shocked and maybe a little hurt, not physically though. Before I could say anything or even yell at him, the devil walks in. "Claire? What are you doing here?" She comes up and smashes her lips against his, and I have to admit, it hurt.

"My little brother is friends with your sister," she said. "Isn't that cute!"

"Yea cute," he said pulling her off of him. "I'm in a middle of a conversation here and Claire we were never anything," he seethed out the last part. She scowled and turned to glare at me as I glared back.

"No you weren't," I said sweetly. "Have fun Cole," I said and lef,t not acknowledging the devil in the room. I felt a few tears fall down my cheeks but I quickly wiped them away, not fast enough though.

"Alison?" It was Mikey, Sam, and Zac. 

"Alison!" I heard Cole come downstairs but I ran and hid at the bottom. Zac followed me down and tried to help comfort, but I didn't even know why I was crying.

"She doesn't want to talk to you." Sam said.

"I don't ca-"

"Too bad," Alec joined in.

"You're lucky we haven't beaten you to a pulp," Toby said. "It's clear you're the reason she's sitting there crying," I got up and went to the scene.

"Stop." They all turned and looked at me. "Stop trying to harm every guy in your path, if I need your help I'll ask you guys," I told my brothers. "And you, it would be best to leave me alone for a bit," I said to Cole and made my way up to Claire. "And YOU, stop being a slut for once and try being a normal human being or so god help me I will break you." I turned around and left to go home and sulk.

I needed to get my shit straight and fast.