Chapter Two; Friends

Set Fire To The Rain - Adele
Ashton's POV

I wake up at 10am to the smell of bacon. I quickly panic because whos in my house? Whos making bacon? Why is Carson not crying? But then I remember yesterday and how I hired Rosey. I let out a breath of relief. I get up and stretch before walking out of my master bedroom. I walk down the stairs and into the kitchen seeing a plate of bacon, eggs, biscuits, and waffles on the table. I look at Carson in his high-chair and see Rosey feeding him applesauce and eggs.

"Good-morning Ashton!" she chirps obviously in a good mood. "I made breakfast for us all. There's coffee in the pot and some tea on the kettle. I didn't know which you liked more so I made both. If its okay I would like to take Carson out with me and Isabel. We are going to the mall. If its fine I mean."

"Good morning. I like coffee better actually, but both are amazing. You can go out, just make sure he's dressed up in warm clothes. This December air is freezing. The boys and me need to go to the recording booth again to finish the rest of the acoustic album. I will be back around 9pm." I say sitting down at the table to eat. I realize that this is my first homemade meal at the table since Alisha's death.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"What's up Ashton? Is something bothering you?" Calum asks after I mess up on my solo for the second time.

"No and yes I guess. Like I love that Rosey is there to help its really nice to have a feminine touch at the house, but I feel that Alisha would be mad."

"Well it's not like you guys are dating, she's taking care of your son." Luke points out.

"I know but it doesn't feel right. I mean over the past few days me and Rosey have became close. I feel like I'm moving on quickly."

"Do you like Rosey, like that?" Michael asks being nosy.

"I don't think so?"

"You guys aren't dating, she's your helper, nanny, maid thing. Alisha would understand." Calum says punching my shoulder lightly.

"Yeah true. Okay." I look at the clock. "It's time for us to leave. Same time tomorrow?" the boys nod yes before we all leave the studio. I get in my car and drive to a restaurant called 'The Outback'. I'm taking Rosey and Carson out to supper. Rosey is the best with Carson and has been doing well so I want to treat her to dinner.

I went inside and waited for Rosey and Carson to arrive. I see both of them enter through the front door and sit at the booth with me. Rosey was wearing a sparkly red dress and looked beautiful. Carson had on a plain baby flannel and jeans. It was a new outfit, from when they went shopping the other day. "You look gorgeous." I mutter to Rosey. "Thanks Ashton. You look handsome." "Nice outfit for Carson." the waiter comes out, "what would you like to order?" "Lobster and a salad for me. A glass of Pepsi. A cheeseburger and fries for the little one. With chocolate milk." I say handing her my menu. "And what about you?" She asks Rosey. "I would like the steak, medium rare, and a baked potato with sour cream, cheese, and bacon bits. A orange juice to drink please?" "Coming right up." The waiter says taking our menus away. "Thank you Ashton. This means a lot." "It's no big deal." I say brushing off Rosey's comment.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

"The meal was amazing." Rosey says finishing her plate. "Yummy!" Carson giggles. I look at Rosey and she looks stunning. So stunning.. I lean across the table and kiss her. She doesn't kiss back. "I love you Alisha." I mutter before realizing what I said. "Oh my god I didn't mean it.." "Ashton.." "Sorry you just look like her and I need to go. Just take Carson to the house and put him to bed? Bye." I say standing up abruptly, placing money on the table, and hurrying out of the restaurant. I call Luke before I leave, "hello Luke?" "Hey Ash, what's up?" "I just kissed Rosey." "And that's bad because?" "I said and I quote 'I love you Alisha'. I didn't mean to do either! She was wearing Alisha's favorite color and had her hair like her and she just looks like her a lot." I cry out. "It's fine. Just sit down in your car and cool down a bit. Go to your house when you want to, to apologize. I have to go though, Isabel and Michael are over. Goodbye." Luke says hanging up. I sit down and take a few deep breathes before pulling out of the parking lot. I drive to Starbucks, getting Rosey a frappe and Carson a cookie, as an apology. Hopefully, I didn't screw this up..

A/N- hope you guys love this.(: Rosey's outfit to the side. dedicated to @InfinityDavis because she loves this book and comments hehe.

-Em