Chapter Six; Alive

Rewind - Rascal Flatts
Ashton's POV

It's been so long since the plane crash. It has been almost two months since the plane crash. Exactly 67 days we've been stranded. I miss home. I miss Carson and I miss Rosey. I even miss the mail delivery guy. Luke ate some berries which has him seeing things that aren't really here. He's been like that for two days at the most. I've been taking care of him. I took my bandana and wet it with water and put it on his head. Every few hours I have to go wet it in the stream again. Michael has been hunting for food since he's good with a knife. We've had some fresh meat and fish a few times. Calum has been sitting on a cliff waiting for a rescue plane. He has a fire going and rocks spelling out 'HELP', but we've had no luck. I stay at our 'base' and keep the fire going. I also watch the sky for weather. I often wonder if I'll ever see my son again.

"I have us a bore! We will be eating great tonight." Michael says coming through the trees with a big looking pig on his back.

"When it's done roasting I'll bring some up to Calum. He's been up on the cliff for a few days now. We'll have to feed Luke."

Michael begins roasting the pig on a stick over the fire. Before long it's finished and we have our meal. I wait to eat my portion with Calum so he doesn't have to eat alone. I make my way to the cliff with enough meat in two coconut shells. I see Calum and notice the bags under his eyes which tells me that he hasn't slept for a while.

"Hey Calum, Michael caught a pig and we roasted it. I brought us both some of it so we can eat together. Are you hungry?"

"Hell yeah I am. I'm starving. It feels like I haven't eaten in days!" Calum says taking his portion and devouring it. I want to tell him that he has in fact not eaten in days, but decide against it. I start to eat the meat as fast as Calum. All of a sudden I hear a sound almost like buzzing.

"Ashton! There's a plane!" Calum shouts jumping up and down and waving his hands in the air. I'm pretty sure the plane spots us. It starts coming to the cliff! I run to get Michael and Luke. Michael grabs Luke when I tell him and we make our way back to the cliff. The plane is there and Calum is talking to the pilot. We're saved!

• • • •

Rosey's POV

I wake up around noon and wonder why Carson isn't crying. I realize that the he is at Ashton's Mom's house. She said that I needed a day off. I have been taking care of him since Ash has been gone. She's such a nice woman and treats me like one of her own daughters. Ashton's Dad and I get along well. We talk about sports together and cooking. He is a nice man.

My phone starts blaring 'Maps' by Maroon 5 on the nightstand. I pick it up and notice it's Anne calling. I accept the call and get ready while we talk.

"Hello Anne."

"Good evening Rosey! Me and Hank where wondering if you wanted to come over for dinner tonight. Isabel can also come. You both are like family! Harry and Lauren miss you as well as us. If you can, would you be a dear and pick up some potato salad from Krogers?"

"I'd love to come over. I can call Isabel and ask her. I sure can bring some potato salad. I'll be over in maybe two hours. I have to get ready."

"Okay dear. We'll see you when you get here. Kisses!" Anne says ending our call. I text Isabel and she says she will come and stay the night later. I grab my keys and purse and make my way over to Isabel's.

• • •

"Rosey darling. Isabel! Welcome!" Anne says smiling at us both. She hugs Isabel and then myself and let's us in.

"Hi girls. Dinner will be done in an hour and a half. Make yourselves at home. Carson has been fussing all day. We think that he might not feel well." Hank days before leaving the room to go outback.

"Where is he at?"

"Carson is in his playpen in the kitchen. I was watching him while I was cooking." I nod and make my way to the kitchen. I notice Isabel went outside with Hank probably to help cook. Or to tell him about her news.

I enter the kitchen and pick Carson up out of his playpen.

"Hi baby. How are you?" I ask picking up the cute toddler.

"Mommy!" Carson says clapping his hands and reaching for my face. I nuzzle him and he giggles.

"Did he just say mommy?" Hank asks coming inside.

"Yeah he did."

"Anne darling come here." Hank says calling to Anne. She enters the kitchen and listens to Carson say mommy yet again. Anne looks at him in shock before breaking out in a grin, "aw that is so cute! Rosey's you may not be his mom, but I think you will be a great mother some day."

"Thanks Anne." I say emotionally.

• • •

Third person POV

They all gathered at the dinner table. Hank made steak for them all, Anne made corn, and Isabel and Rosey's brought potato salad. It was a normal family dinner, but at the same time it wasn't. Everyone was missing Ashton even though nobody showed it. Everyone would glance at the empty chair at the end of the table and it would bring them pain. Every time Rosey looked to the chair her heart would break a little more. Little did they all know that Ashton, Michael, Luke, and Calum would be home soon.

On the other side of the world, in the United States of America, the boys were getting treatment. The berries that Luke had ate were poisonous and if he had ate a few more he would be dead. Ashton was malnourished and the medical team were giving him some foods so he could gain back his strength. Calum was just exhausted and had no strength. Michael had a fractured rib on each side, but other than that he was fine. In a weeks time they would be able to go home.

A/N- They're gonna be going home! Let's just say that it's been 67 days that they've been stranded at sea. Vote, comment, and share this story with your friends! I still need two people to apply to be Luke and Calum's girlfriend. :-)

-Em