3

TONI'S POV

All of the next morning I was prepping. I recited positive affirmations until they barely sounded like words anymore and morphed into gibberish. When the lunch bell pierced the air in 4th period, I was terrified. I walked to him as Cheryl directed, with confidence that bordered arrogance. There was a little bounce in my step as I leaned my arm against his locker.

"Hey," I stuttered.

He gave me a warm smile that made my insecurities melt away. "Hey. Toni, right? Friends with Cheryl Blossom?"

"Yeah. Bombshell herself."

"Glad to see she's adjusting. Jason's uh... mishap really broke her. She's really a sweet girl though."

"As sweet as they come." I shifted my stance to look more poised and tucked a strand of my bubblegum pink hair behind my ear. "So, uh, speaking of sweet, wanna hang out at Pop's tomorrow, maybe 6:00 ish? You know, get to know each other better? I heard they have some killer milkshakes."

"That depends," he said, feigning deep thought, "is Hiram Lodge a liar?"

I giggled.

"Yeah. I'd love to."

I was so ecstatic I could scream. "Great. See you then."

JUGHEAD'S POV

When I met Toni, I didn't really think much of her. She was pretty and sweet, and I'd like to be friends, but I was already involved with someone. A gorgeous, blonde someone.

I went through the rest of my day as usual, lugging all my books to class miserably, pretending to be paying attention while I discreetly listened to a writing podcast. Once school was over, I went to Betty's locker to walk her home. She looked sad, but a strange kind of sad.

"Juggy, we need to talk."

BETTY'S POV

"Juggy, we need to talk," I said.

The concern etched on his face killed me a little inside. "Sure," he said, adjusting his bookbag strap uncomfortably. "What's up?"

"So I heard that you're going out with Toni," I started. He opened his mouth to speak, but I was already interrupting, "which is fine! Totally fine! But I just wanted to see whether it was like a date thing or..."

He took my hand, assuring, "Oh god no. I love you Betty Cooper, and only you. I'm just getting to know her. She seems like a good friend, and she's already in good with the serpents."

I smiled at him lovingly. Oh my god I love him so much. I love him so fucking much. "Okay Juggy. I trust you. Just be sure that she knows it isn't a date. It's not right to lead her on." He suddenly tensed up, which made me slightly suspicious. "You did tell her it's not a date, right?" I questioned.

"Yeah, yeah of course."

"Alright then Romeo, now walk me home."

TONI'S POV

The first thing I did was ring up Cheryl. "Cher, you'll never believe it! He said yes!"

"Are you kidding, that's incredible TT!"

"I know," I squealed, tears of joy streaming down my face, "but now it's time for phase 2!"

Cheryl intensely replied, "My place, tomorrow. 4:30. Be there."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

omfg my lesbabies!!!! I tried to make it as clear as possible that BETTY. ISN'T. A. VILLAIN!!! She's not looking to destroy Toni or be possessive of Jug, she's just concerned. She's a good person. Just wanted to clarify <3

-LilyPopp