8

PENELOPE'S POV

Disgusting. Absolutely repulsive.

I turned away from the window where my daughter and her filthy serpent lover stood below. I thought that maybe, maybe, after I had staged that little 'accident' for Heather, that Cheryl would stop her sinful ways. I clicked my long red talons on the glass end table. Claudius sat in the big red chair across from me, sipping hot belgian roast coffee.

"She's done it again," I said mournfully, "She's once again betrayed our trust."

He sat up and folded his hands in his lap. "What a waste. You know what we have to do, Penelope."

I bit my lip. Was this really the answer? Would this truly solve anything? Before I could even try to object, Claudius had already picked up the phone and dialed their number.

He curled his cracked lips into a hideous grin. "This'll be fun."

CHERYL'S POV

The next few days were strange. Mother and Claudius seemed jittery, a combination of child-like glee and horrid worry. I did my best to eavesdrop on them, but they didn't make a peep. In fact, they barely talked at all. It was like they were mourning a death yet to come, but were excited about the resulting inheritance.

I spent my free hours at school playing with Toni's hair as she caught up on homework, or leaning on her when I was tired. She came to watch my cheer practices, and her face would light up when I sat down next to her. My life seemed to have finally taken a turn for the better... or so I thought.

On Friday, I returned from school to see my mother and uncle looking more morose than they had in weeks. Suddenly, my mother jumped up and grasped me tightly, forcing me into a weird kind of hug.

"I'm so sorry, Mommy loves you," she whispered repeatedly, "it's for your own good, darling."

I pried her off of me angrily. "What the hell is going on, Mother?"

She backed away, terrified. Good, I thought, good choice. Then I realized that she wasn't afraid of me, but the dark figure behind me. The figure, of whom I couldn't make out, pounced on me, melted out of the shadows of the house.

He pressed a rag to my face, making the whole scene look fuzzy and blurry. The last thing I remember was my Mother whispering, with a single melancholy tear dripping down her face, the same mantra.

"I'm so sorry, Mommy loves you, it's for your own good."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ooooohh who could it be? Let me know in the comments if you'd want to see some x-rated choni action in the coming chapters... I've never written smut before, but I wouldn't be opposed to trying it for a chapter ; )

-LilyPopp