18

(a/n: For anyone who skipped Chapter 17, the story resumes here!)

(a/n: unpublishing chapter 17 on and off. Don't, worry, you didn't miss anything important!)

SABRINA'S POV

I stood in the middle of the grassy knoll. My knees were like jelly, but I keep my feet planted there anyway. I signaled B and V with my eyes to stop rustling. On the crest of the hill, a dark figure appeared. I gulped down my fear and gripped the bottle I had in my hand.

A voice like nails on a chalkboard called out to me. "Miss Spellman."

"The Black Hood," I said indignantly. I tried to sound braver than I felt.

I saw that he limped a little when he walked. One side of his upper body was slumped low.

"Give me the bottle."

My palms were clammy with fear. My arm trembled a little bit when I handed it to him. I wrung my hands.

He examined the bottle from many different angles. Top, bottom, left, right, he searched for any sign of danger. He reluctantly uncapped it, taking a deep whiff. His eyes suddenly became hard.

"Poison."

His huge hands snapped up to my neck as he squeezed with all his might. I wrestled with him, trying to swat him away in vain. I choked and sputtered, but still he squeezed harder.

A loud bang erupted from the bushes. Finally, he released. I crumpled to the ground, heaving. Blood was streaming from him, pooling around my knees. I slowly craned my neck around to see Veronica in a sobbing heap, holding a smoking gun in her hand.

VERONICA'S POV

I don't know what came over me. I sank to the grass, hyperventilating. I may have just killed someone.

He was a bad, bad man, I tried to reassure myself, he put you and your friends in danger.

That didn't matter. As much as I wanted him off the streets, killing a man yourself was a different sensation. I was ashamed of the adrenaline that rushed through me as I tugged the trigger, the little bounce back of the gun when it fired the bullet, the sweet smell of the tendrils of smoke protruding from the barrel.

And I liked it.

Sabrina found the strength to drag herself over to me. She held me tight, cooing her thanks.

"You saved my life," she hushed. "You did the right thing."

She would never understand.

BETTY'S POV

While Sabrina tried to calm down V, I had to focus my energy on the man lying before us. There was no time for emotions.

I crawled over on my knees cautiously. Pebbles made divets in my hands, but I inched forward. I slowly reached my hand out to feel for his pulse.

"He- he's dead," I uttered.

Veronica sobbed harder, the rapids of Niagara Falls crashing to the dirt.

I reluctantly curled my fingers around the edge of the mask and pulled it off.

"Who is he?" Veronica shrieked.

"Tall Boy."

^^^^^^^^^

Hey bbs!!!! I'm sorry I haven't updated so long, but I've been trying to come up with some ideas for my next Choni book (btw if you have any suggestions or requests, please leave them in the comments or message me)! But since I last updated, both my life here and in the real world have changed. THANK YOU ALL SO SO SO SO SO SO MUCH FOR 10K! We are now at 10.5K, and I'm crying with happiness!!! Thank you all so much for supporting me by reading, commenting, and voting. It really means a lot to me.

ALSO, I will be giving more backstory on Tall Boy being the Black hood. It'll all tie together, even if it looks a bit arbitrary now.

QOTD: What are some ideas or requests for a choni book?

Are you happy with who the black hood is?

Have you watched season 2 on Netflix yet?

- LilyPopp