4

VERONICA'S POV

To say that I was surprised by Cheryl's call was an understatement. She'd been avoiding me since the incident on the lake. I wish she could realize that she has nothing to be ashamed of, especially with what happened to Jason. Regardless, I picked up the phone anyway.

"Hey Cheryl, what's up?"

"Oh my dearest Veronica, I'm afraid I have terrible news."

I gasped, "Are you okay? Is everything alright?"

"Yes," she sighed, "it's fine, I guess. I just... I need to talk to you. Mall in 5?"

"Yeah, I'll be right there," I replied, swiftly draping my coat over my shoulders. I hopped around trying to get my boots on. Andre had already been waiting, so I practically sprinted to the car.

We pulled up to the mall just in time to see Cheryl strutting around the Windsor.

"Cheryl!" I yelled. "What did you want to talk about?"

CHERYL'S POV

"Cheryl! What did you want to talk about?"

I picked up a red and black mesh dress. Toni would love this, I thought.

"I needed a bit of retail therapy," I sighed.

Veronica examined me with squinted eyes. "I know the feeling," she finally said.

I wasn't planning on telling her about Toni. What was I to say? She's my best friend... I can't be jealous. Although was it even jealousy? I'd never felt anything for Jughead before, and I don't believe I do now... but maybe that's why I feel so irritated when she talks about him. It was a strange, unidentifiable feeling that bubbled within me and overpowered everything else in my life.

"So," she started, "is this about Toni? I heard she's going out with Jughead tomorrow."

I replied far too quickly, drawing unwanted attention to myself. "No. Why would it be? I'm the one who set it up."

"Really?" she questioned, "Because it seems like you're a little jealous."

"Oh my god, is it really that bad?"

"It's kind of obvious, Cheryl."

I managed to cool down my red hot embarrassment. The color of my face was indiscernible from my hair. "I'm not jealous. I just want the best for her," I said.

"The best being... you?" she teased. She poked me in the side.

"What exactly are you implying?"

"Oh nothing," she droned, "just an observation." Veronica brushed my arm, whispering softly, "I support you. Whatever you decide to do."

I was tempted to cast her off and deny the whole thing, but my heart softened, if only for a moment. "Thank you Ronnie." I didn't confirm it, but the look in her dark eyes said that I didn't need to.

She turned back to the rack and picked out a wine colored satin body con. She ran her fingers along the embroidery. "Oh and for the record," she winked, "I ship it."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

So do I, Ronnie. So do I. Make sure you follow me on instagram @jugheadandjuliet <3! I've got a TON of choni content!!!! Let me know what you think of the book so far in the comments!!!!!!

-LilyPopp