20: EPILOGUE

The next day, the Riverdale Register flooded with new papers, telling the real story of the Black Hood. Citizens and outsiders alike were in awe. Shortly after the publication, Hiram Lodge was arrested for murder, which along with other charges that were revealed, left him with life in prison. As for the teens that uncovered the conspiracy?

BETTY:

Elizabeth Cooper continued to write for her family newspaper. She was begged by publishers to tell her story. After almost 10 years, she opened up and wrote a memoir titled Lollypop: An Experience with a Criminal Mastermind. She gained fame from the book and went on tour. Fans voiced their support for her, which made her feel that she had a safe place. She became a speaker about mental health and a huge advocate for those who suffer from mental illness. She married Jughead Jones and had twins named Juliet and Saorise (pronounced Sea-er-sha) Jones. The family moved to a cabin next to Sweetwater River, still keeping ownership of Betty's childhood home.

VERONICA:

Following her father's arrest, Veronica took on a larger role in Lodge Industries. Because of their involvement, many clients wanted nothing to do with them, and the company began to spiral. However, she almost singlehandedly lifted them out of bankruptcy and restored the honor that the Lodges once held. That obviously kept her busy, but she still went to a prestigious business school and rose to position of CEO. She and Archie got married after she finished getting her doctorate (though she kept her last name). Together they had 4 children: Benjamin, Charlotte, Tiana, and Mary Lodge-Andrews. She continued to run the company until she finally passed it on to Benjamin.

SABRINA:

Sabrina's fame for her medical prowess continued to climb, especially with the publicity of the Black Hood events. She was featured as Time Magazine's "Woman of the Year". She did end up marrying Harvey and moving to a house in the countryside, but she did not want children. "I've been working with chemicals my whole life," she said in an interview for Time. "Who knows what kind of defects they could cause?" She assured readers that her remedies were safe for use, but it took some trial and error. "I'd rather not have to find out." Unlike Betty, she tried to forget about the Black Hood, and buried herself in her career. She never spoke of it again, wishing to lead a more positive life.

And finally, our star-crossed lovers.

CHERYL AND TONI:

Shortly after the arrest of Hiram Lodge, Cheryl's kidnapping was traced back to her mother and Claudius. While they served no jail time, Cheryl applied for emancipation immediately. Under the conditions, she would be under the custody of Nana Rose. After Rose's death, she gained sole ownership of the mansion. She and Toni moved in together. They graduated high school, Cheryl with a scholarship to medical school. She earned a doctorate degree and started a clinic for victims of abuse. After the harrowing events involving the Black Hood, Toni couldn't wait to get married, but she couldn't afford a good ring, or Cheryl's dream wedding. Their friends were not having it. All the serpents pitched in to buy the rings, and Veronica planned and funded the wedding. Toni proposed on the front porch, reminding her of that night in the rain. Betty and Veronica were the maids of honor, with FP Jones walking her down the aisle in place of her father. They later adopted 3 of the kids who came through the clinic: Harper, Jace, and Eloise, after the nurse that helped them so much.

All of these people led full, happy lives. All because Toni wanted to get the guy.

THE END

^^^^^^^^

That's it you guys!!!! I'm going to miss this book so much.... I hope you all enjoyed this as much as I have. It's been an honor having you guys read. I can truly say that this book has encouraged me to write and to fall into a fantasy world where my creativity can really shine. Thank you for riding this incredible roller coaster with me. Next "chapter" I'll be announcing, linking, and attaching a trailer for the next book.

Until next time 💞

- LilyPopp