THIRTEEN (Chris P.O.V)

"You did what?"

I'm pretty sure the whole motel has been able to hear Adele's scream. I don't blame her, what I've done is horrible. This is all my fault, she's been shot because of me, she could have died because of me. How could I've been so stupid? How could I've ruined everything this way?

"She's going to hate you, you love her but she's going to hate you. How are you supposed to live from this point on?" I think desperate while tears run down my cheeks.

"Chris, answer me!" She's yelled at me with anger, she's never yelled at me before... This is all my fault.

"My name's Cristina..." I start but I choke on my own words, a lump in my throat doesn't let me speak.

"I already knew that." She answers while she gets out the bed and stands in front of me with her hands on her hips. She doesn't need a gun to look intimidating, she only needs to frown deadly serious to make me feel worse... even if it seems impossible.

"My name's Cristina Gonzalez." Adele raises an eyebrow but remains silent while I wipe my tears with the back of my hand. "Two months ago I was at University with my classmates, I'm doing a PhD in English Literature... I was an average girl, just as ordinary as every other girl... till one day...

Flashback.

Excuse me, miss! Your father wants to talk to you.

My father? You got the wrong girl, I've never talked to my father in my whole life.

You're Miss Cristina Rivera.

I'm Miss Cristina Gonzalez, I use my mother's name. As I've already told you I have no relationship with my father. Now, if you'll excuse me I'm late for class.

Then you're actually the girl I'm looking for.

And all of a sudden everything went black and my world turned upside down.

"You're Miguel Rivera's daughter?!?!?!" Adele steps back shocked, moving away from me while she runs her fingers through her hair. The movement feels like a punch to the gut, worse than anything she could have said or done, my greatest fear has become a reality... she's moving away from me... repulsed by me, probably.

"My mom met Rivera 25 years ago during her senior class trip to Cancun. Apparently he was a charming man back then, he hadn't become an important drug trafficker and a vicious bastard yet. My mom drank too many margaritas and I was the result. She contacted him to tell him that he had a daughter but she never asked for anything, he lived on the other side of the world and my mom was an adult and independent woman that took her responsibility. During 24 years it was me and her against the world and we did well, we were happy I... love my mother, she's the most important person in my life, I'd do anything for her... anything..."

"What happened after that men told you that your father wanted to see you?" Adele cuts me abruptly.

"I woke up on a plane en route to Mexico, they put my mom on the line and they threatened to kill me if she called the police and to kill her and my two best friends if I didn't do what they told me. I told you the day of the storm: if something is threatening my loved ones I'd do anything to save them from getting hurt... and I did it. My father had lost all his children due to gang wars or drugs, he had no one else in the world but me... He wanted me to marry his right-hand man and then I'd have a child that could inherit his criminal empire, otherwise... he'd torture and kill my mother. And to make things clear... they brought a girl, she was American I think, at least she just spoke in English and she seemed from a good family... they tied her to a bed and they raped her and tortured her for hours while they forced me to look... she was drugged at the beginning but then she realized what was happening and... oh God, all that blood... he said that my mom would suffer the same and then me..." Tears run again down my face, so many tears that my vision becomes blurry. I cover my mouth with my hand, I feel sick every time I remember that girl...