EIGHTEEN (Adele P.O.V)

"It's obvious it was her! I know that it was her!" The scream echoes through the room making me flinch when hearing it, my head is killing me.

"Excuse me, would you mind not shouting like that? I have the worst hangover ever right now." Xander Cage is a tall and strong guy, flashing an arrogant smile under normal circumstances, but today he's leaning his elbows on the table, with his eyes closed, holding his shaved head with his hands.

"I told you that the last Jägermeister shot was a bad idea X, but you never listen to me..." I answer leaning back on my chair with my arms crossed over my chest, feeling slightly dizzy.

"Please, do not talk about liquor... it makes me feel sick when I remember it." Nicks keeps his face hidden under his dark hood so I don't know if he's being serious. Sitting next to him, Tennyson is the only one who seems like a normal human being and smiles amused: he didn't drink that last shot yesterday.

"Cut the crap and answer me! How did you do it?" Agent John Smith seems about going crazy, his cheeks are red due to the rage and he spits while talking. I stare at him in surprise and then I look at my boss, pretending to be offended.

"What is this guy talking about?" I ask in a low voice earning open smiles and looks of appreciation from my friends.

We were partying last night until the early hours of the morning and we ended up sleeping on my couch, to be honest we could say that we passed out on my couch, till the phone rang this morning waking us up: our boss called us in for a meeting in the feds building, and it was an urgent one. At that moment we just wanted to die and the reason for which we've managed to make it here in time was a cold shower and two strong cups of coffee for each one of us.

This is place is exactly how I remember it: huge, dull and cold. The meeting room is packed with agents again, but now some of them aren't wearing cheap suits: I bet that those are the top dogs here. Our own boss is present too, with his arms crossed over his chest and frowning, very serious... knowing him as well as we know him, we all have realized that behind his clenched jaw and death stare a hint of amusement is hidden. Deep inside he's delighted with this situation. Agent Smith hasn't sat and is pacing up and down the room boiling with fury and mumbling senseless accusations... or it could happen that I don't understand him because my brain hasn't woken up completely yet.

"It was her! Who else?" He yells again. Xander looks up and stares at him wearily.

"Man, what are you talking about?" he asks confused.

"She's shot the Secretary of Commerce!!!" A stony silence falls over the room while my friends stare at me with curiosity and I just shrug, shaking my head at the same time.

"I have no idea what he's talking about," I answer firmly.

"Two days ago the Secretary of Commerce was shot down by a sniper when he was leaving a cabin in north California woods. He was being transferred to another safe house where he must wait for his trial," my boss answers calmly. "We suspect that the bullet was shot from a clearing over half a mile away, it was a good shot but not extraordinary. A good sharpshooter could have done it with his eyes closed."

"It was her," agent Smith yells.

"Oh God, what a bore the man is! Don't you know any other words?" Nicks mumbles under his hood.

"Who else could be responsible?" The fed raises his arms as if he were expecting the answer to fall down from the sky.

"Oh come on!" I answer rolling my eyes hard. Ouch! That has made my headache worse. "That man was ultimately responsible for the death of lots of innocent young people, some of them boys and girls from good families... any parent with enough money to pay for the services of a mercenary sniper may be to blame. I can assure you I wasn't the shooter."