VIII

I start riding home. I get home and kens dad is there. Fuck. No no no. I need to get to kens. I need to protect her. I call the police and they arrive rather quickly because I said someone broke into my house and yeah. I mean he technically did. He broke down the door. I walk in and see everyone knocked out and on the floor. He comes in and I quickly duck out of his sight.

I see him looking around like he knows I'm here. I start hearing police sirens. He stops scanning the room and looks right where I'm hiding. He walks over and picks me up. "DID YOU CALL THE POLICE." He screams. I look at him and shake my head no. He has a gun I can see it in the side of his pants. Shit. The police get out and surround the drive way. I notice one calls for back up. "You did didn't you. Stupid bitch. You shouldn't of done that. Tsk tsk tsk." I look at him slightly terrified. He can tell because he then smiles.

I look at my options. I don't want to die. He'll probably keep us all hostages. My mom is at work. She should be heading home. More police sirens are in the distance. I hear them getting closer and closer. Then something upstairs falls over. He grabs his gun from his waist line and points it at me. "Walk upstairs girl." I start walking upstairs my hands slightly up. Something falls again in my room. I really hope its just a squirrel or something.

We get upstairs and the gun is still pointed at me. I slowly open my door wide open. My room is completely trashed. Fuck. I noticed my picture box was knocked over and the picture of kens and I from the summer on the floor shattered. I pick it up and place it on my bed. My night stand was moved forward a bit and my dresser to. That's weird. I notice a shadow under the door of my closet. Kens dad is just following me with the gun as I move around.

I go to open the door and I'm quickly pulled in and a hand over my mouth. I lick it to get it away from my face. It does the trick but there's two strong nice arms wrapped slightly around my waist not squeezing me just kinda protecting me. We walk backwards into my clothes so I'm not noticeable. I feel safe for some reason. I relax and try to look around but its pitch black. The door is thrown open and kens dad is looking frantically for me. This is the perfect distraction.

I hear slight shuffling from the air vent down stairs. That must mean the police are getting everyone out of the house. I back up into the chest of the person holding me back he wraps his arms tighter around me. The person smells so good I wanted to just inhale his scent for a while. Kens dad starts flipping through the clothes his gun pointed to the floor. I place my hand over my mouth and nose so my breathing is noticeable. The person who is still holding onto me tightly is breathing slightly. I can feel his breath hit my hair every other minute or so. Kens father shoots at the floor and I jump slightly. But the person holding me shushes me and tells me to stay calm.

Out the corner of my eye I see a few police officers entering my room and walk very carefully to my closet. The person holding me pushes me out and kens dad picks me up and places the gun to my head. "Why did you take my kids? MY KIDS. STUPID BITCH. You shouldn't of done that. Your going to pay now." He turns around and see's the police officers. He presses the gun deeper into my head. "You come any closer and I'll shoot." They have their guns pointed at him and standing there ground. A few more police officers enter and surround us.

Next thing I know is he falls on top of me and his gun is digging into my side. I can feel him moving slightly. His arm. "HE'S GOING TO SHOOT." I hear a loud shot echo in my ear and pain coarse through my body and shoots back to my side. He goes limp and I look at the picture of kens and I from the summer and then my vision gets real blurry. I hear shouting I can't make most of it out but I think it's about a medic. The crushing weight of kens dad feels like it's slowly getting peeled off. I look at the picture and then everything goes black...

~flash back~ 

I run into the forest away from kens who is chasing me, I hide behind a huge tree. I hear her getting closer, I look at my options and my best bet was to climb up the tree I was hiding behind. I get half way up when she gets to where my footprints stop. I stop climbing and sit on a branch so I don't fall. She looks around and I notice a tree branch sticking out to right where I was sitting. I climb over  to the next tree as kens start's to climb up.

"Oh Serra where did you go??" she says trying not to laugh. I climb about 3 trees over and decide to climb down. I had to jump to get down but it was a rough landing and you could here me fall. Kens looks over and sees me. Shoot. I start running. I don't hear her anymore so i take a break. Next thing I realize i'm being tackled to the ground. 

"Oof whyyyyy does this happen to me?" I smile looking at her. She looks at me concerned. I lick her entire face. She gets off of me and screams. I laugh at her and get up. I soon fall over at how much i am laughing at her. 

"EWWWWWWWWWWWW why did you do this to meeee." she looks over and i can see her trying not to laugh. She grabs my shirt and wipe off all the slobber off her face. We head back to the clearing where we left our stuff at. We sit on our blanket and eat lunch. Afterwards I lay down and take out my phone. Kens lays next to me and i take a picture of us laying there.

"I'm totally framing this picture." I smile and look at her. She nods, how could I have asked for a better best friend.

~end of flashback~