XIII

Everyone shows up around 8. The music is already going, food is out and people are dancing. Phoenix walks over and I move my hair over one shoulder. " Hey..." I say loud enough so he can hear me over the music. "He hands me something in a box and extends his hand out to me and I take it softly. We walk outside and I just noticed how good he looks and how sad I am that he's going with someone else.

" Go ahead, open it." I open it and it's a box with a heart on it. I trace a finger over the heart. "You know there's something in the box right?" I nod and open it. It's a teddy bear holding car keys. I look at him confused. He rolls his eyes and leads me to a car with a giant bow on it. "I-i-i can't take this, this is too much." He unlocks it and places the bear in the passenger seat.

"Its already paid for and it is your sweet 16 after all." I nod and get in. He stands outside of the car waiting for me. I run my hand over the leather steering wheel. He runs his hand through his amazingly soft and sexy hair and he catches me starting I blush big time. Oh shit, fuck ummmm. "Come on let's go inside." I nod and take his hand again. He brings me close enough to where I can feel his heartbeat pounding against my chest. I look up at him and he puts his hands on the small of my back and on the back of my head and pulls me in. I kiss him back as his soft lips collide with mine. He pulls away and I lean my head on his shoulder.

"I have to ask. Why did you say yes to her?" I ask as we start swaying side to side. He sighs and kisses the top of my head. " I didn't think you liked me as I like you. As well as she couldn't take no for an answer." I back away and push him back. "Are you fucking kidding me??? I told kens that you and I we're going to be dating here soon and we would be going to hoco together. I need a minute." He nods and I get in my car and watch him walk back inside. God fucking dammit, I really liked him, I really did. But he's a fuckboy, all he wanted to do was fuck with my heart. I feel a tear fall down my cheek slowly I wipe it off and walk back into the party.

God, I should have told him about what I heard. Ugh, I'm such an idiot. Why didn't I say anything, maybe I didn't want to face the fact that Lucas threatened him? As I'm thinking about all this I run into the wall, ow fuck. Why do I keep getting hurt today? My heart twice and my knees and now my head. I'm such a fucking clutz. Anyways back to Phoenix. Why didn't I ask him sooner? I should have asked him to homecoming, not the other way around. Either way, I would have been dealing with rejection.

I feel a pair of hands cover up my eyes. I don't like this. "Guess who??" Lucas says and a small smile comes onto my face. "Hmmm, kens??" He spins me around and I see his face and another tear falls down my face. But he doesn't notice. He smiles and kisses me slowly and passionately. All I could think was that Phoenix kisses way better but I don't know how I feel right now, he played me.

I break the kiss and simply ask "Hey, you want to dance?" I fix my hair again as he smiles. "I thought you would never ask." He places his hands on my waist and I wrap my arms around his shoulders. My favorite song came on as we danced. As if it was a sign, that we should be together. I ignore it and lean my head against his chest, listening to his heartbeat.

We keep dancing like this for another hour or so and I know Phoenix has been watching us the entire time. "Hey, I'll be back. I gotta use the restroom." He nods and let's go. As I walked over I knew Phoenix was following me. I go out the exit right next to the bathroom and walk till I couldn't hear the music anymore, just footsteps. I stop and turn around.

"What do you want from me??" I hiss and he winces. " I will tell her no if you want." I shake my head. "Oh yeah, just go break another girls heart. I didn't believe the rumors but now I know they're true. Your just a fuckboy that plays with girls hearts." He embraces me and nods. "You can't just do what Lucas asks you to do. Don't play stupid. I heard that conversation." He tenses up and holds me tighter. "You don't get it, I'm just protecting you." He sways us slightly. "Your right, I don't get it. How is this protecting me??" I feel more tears fall down my face. I hear footsteps walking towards us and I already know who it is.

"Babe, I've been looking all over for you. It's been 8 minutes and I got worried." I get out of Phoenix arms and walk away from both of them. I didn't hear much except Lucas growing "I told you to stay away." He walks up to me and grabs my hand as we walk back in.

Kens comes up to us and taps my side. "Your mom is looking for you. Come on." I nod and he grabs my hand so softly it sends shivers up my spine. I quickly wipe away my tears and follow him while interlocking my fingers with his. He looks down and smiles. We get to my mom and she's freaking out. "Hey mom, are we ready for cake and presents?" She looks at me and smiles. She looks stressed, this is my fault for leaving with that asshole Phoenix twice and with Lucas.

"Yes, dear, who's this?" She asks while looking at Lucas and I whisper to her "I'll tell you later." She nods and walks me over to the cake and as I get their everyone bursts out with their awful version of happy birthday. I blush again and blow out the candles when it comes to an end. I get up to walk to the presents table and I pass out.