XII

Homecoming is 2 weeks away. Rumor has it Phoenix is going this year. I hope it's me... Kens is going with her girl and I'm stuck here with nothing so far. I have really enjoyed hanging out with Phoenix lately nothing is official yet but I think here soon we'll be dating. But then there's Lucas, he showed up about A week ago and he's really chill. He has this signature blood red leather jacket that fits him so right. We have basically the same schedule, he's coming to my game this weekend he said. The only problem is so is Phoenix. I hope nothing bad happens.

-Saturday afternoon-

I get ready for my big game. When there's a knock on the door. I yell out "come in" I put my knee pads in my backpack with my shorts and Jersey. I turn around and its Phoenix. "Hey, just wanted to see if you wanted a ride to the game." I look at him and grab my helmet and jacket. "I would love that... But the girls and I are going out after the game." He looks down and smirks. "How about a race to the game then, shall we?" He looks up and I nod, I put on my helmet and jacket and backpack and run downstairs. "Your so on Phoenix, I'll beat you again, just like last time." I grab my bike and race off. I smirk and think about how I need to finish getting ready.

I arrive and run to the locker room. I quickly change and as I'm pulling my hair up, kens girlfriend Charlotte walked up to me. "There's some guy waiting for you outside, so hurry up." I put my knee pads on with my high ponytail flopping all over the place. I go outside and run into Lucas, he looks down at me and smiles. "Oh, sorry didn't mean to run into you," I say looking at him as I back up. "It's all good I just wanted to say good luck, and that I have a surprise for you later." I smile and simply reply "Thanks, I have to go back in or coach will kill me." He nods and kisses my cheek, I blush and walk back in.

We do our little pre-game talk and chant then run on the court.

-2 hours later-

We finished 68-27, winning my first varsity match. I get off the court and Lucas is talking to Phoenix. I decide to listen in. "If you don't let it go I will steal your girl for him." Phoenix looked at Lucas pissed and storms off. I wait at the door for Phoenix because he wanted to talk. He walked right past me and my heart sinks in my chest. I start walking to the locker room when someone grabs my wrist and turns me around. Of course, it's Lucas. "Look I'm not in the mood to talk right now. Let me go change and I'll see if I'm in the mood to talk." He lets go kind of pissed and I walk into the locker room. "Hey guys I'm going to be late, I have to go talk to Phoenix." Jess, the captain of the team looks at me all wide-eyed and surprised.

I grab my clothes and go change. I grab my helmet and walk out. There's Lucas waiting for me. "Hey, Serra. I was wondering if you would like to go to homecoming with me?" I look at him and smile. "I'll have to think about it." He nods and walks me out. "I gotta go, my mom needs to talk to me." I put on my helmet and walk to my bike. I look around and watch Lucas drive away.

I see Phoenix and I walk over to him. He is about to get in his car but just watches me get closer to him. "You said you wanted to talk after the game?" He nods and gets in the car. I lean down confused. "I wanted to see if you wanted to go to hoco with me, but jess asked me out and I said yes. I'll see you later Serra." I back up and it's like my heart fell into my stomach. I get on my bike and ride off to the woods. I guess that's why Jess's eyes went big. I text Lucas to meet me by the river by the track.

About 20 minutes later he shows up and I'm just quiet. We just sit there watching the river not saying anything but I know he wants me to say yes. But I don't feel like talking, I just want the company. "Shit my party, fuck I'm late," I remember and quickly grab my bike. "You can come if you want. He nods and walks to his car.

I quickly go home and take a quick shower. I get out of the shower and there's this beautiful light blue dress that is long in the back short in the front laying on my bed. I pick it up and smile. I get changed into my dress, curl my hair and do my makeup to match the dress. I head to the kitchen and my mother smiles as I walk in and says " you look absolutely beautiful, now come on, we're going to be late. Kendall and your brother have already set up the hall." I nod and push my curls to the left side of my head and smile. I get in my mom's car and we head to the party. I know it's Connors party as well but we all know I'm the true star of the party.

I walk into the banquet hall and kens jump out and scream "SUPRISEEEEE." I jump back and hug her "thanks boo" I look around. "Wow, you guys did a great job." She flips her hair with her hands "welllllll I just bossed the boy's around because they don't know how to do anything." I giggle as she glares at the boys. I walk over to Jakey and hug him.

"You look absolutely amazing. Spin for me darling." Jake takes my hand and I spin for him.  I walk around and say hi to everyone and thank them for setting up.

Tune in next chapter to find out what happens during the party. What will happen when Phoenix and Lucas show up? Find out who Lucas really is and why Phoenix never asked Serra to homecoming.