Prologue

I tried to pull myself from the Mandalorian's tight grip on my upper arm, to no avail. I wasn't strong enough to fight a grown man when I was only four. But I had to get away from him, I had to get back to my family.
Being a slave, I had just been sold; and my family could only watch as my new owner dragged me away from my childhood home.
I screamed and cried, fighting to get back to them, even just to say goodbye, but the man's grip on my arm only tightened.
"MAMA!" I cried out for her and reached my arm out desperately, but she only turned her face away in agony, holding my brother ever closer to her.
"Mama..." I was far enough away as I was being dragged that I knew it was useless to call out anymore.
I had been sold. And now I would never see my family again, I would never get to say a last farewell to the only place I had ever known. The Mandalorian pulled me roughly into his ship, practically tossing me into a small room with nothing in it. There was barely room for me to sit on the floor as I heard him press a button and the door slid shut with a clunk. A clamping sound a moment later told me he had locked the door and I stood there in complete and utter silence.
The sadness had disappeared leaving only shock and an emotionless shell that was Ginovae.
I crumpled to the floor and tucked my knees up to my chest, hugging them tightly and resting my forehead on them. I felt a jolt and I knew the ship was taking off and my home was disappearing forever from me.
From that day on, while I was made to do the hardest work I had ever experienced, I shut all of the memories of my family and my home planet out of my mind for good. I never thought of it again, and to this day, I don't even remember who my family is.

Wait... what family?