Episode 7

~Nova's POV~

Well, Sadie is lying to me. And there's absolutely nothing I can do about it. At least right now. She's the one training me, and if I get into it with her then she'll stop training me and I won't be able to learn anything more. Either that or she'll take me back to the basics, which will drive me insane and I'll get even more worked up and then things will get worse.

Whatever secret she was hiding from me, I knew it was about me, or at least related to me. Otherwise she wouldn't have been so terrified when she realized that I saw her leave with that Mandalorian. I never got the chance to see his face but his voice was freakishly familiar, and it was haunting my ears.

I laid on my bed without the covers over me, an arm tucked under the back of my head and my other hand—fingers tapping rhythmically—laid on my stomach. The moon slid down past the skyline as I laid there, that haunting voice ringing in my head. After a while the voice became unbearable so I jolted out of bed and put on my cloak. I grabbed my lightsaber from where it sat on the shelf by the head of my bed, knowing that I would probably need it. I was getting a little frustrated as I walked through my doorway that I didn't even notice I had moved the door out of the way without even thinking about it. That happened with all the doors I passed through as I made my way up a hidden staircase to the roof of the building. No one knew how to reach this place unless they knew about the staircase, so it was a solitary place that I came to when I needed to get away from everything else. I had a full view of the entire city around me—the rushing crafts streaming by in row after row, the stars above, the massive ever-moving city below, and the dark depths of the planet's heart underneath it all. The sky grew lighter in the distance as the sun began its ascent into the morning sky, the edge not quite slipping above the horizon yet as I stood on the rooftop. The wind flapped my cloak around flicking the loose strands of my hair around my face as I stood rigid. I faced the sunrise as the city rushed below me, the stars quickly fading with the oncoming light. I took a deep breath and breathed out, reaching up and letting my hair down from the tight bun it had been in, and I stepped so that my feet were a ways apart, then closed my eyes. As I closed them I felt the energy of the sun finally peaking over the edge of the skyline, the light hitting me in the face as I stood there, letting every muscle in my body relax.

As the sun came up further, I took another deep breath, and as I let it out I took hold of the lightsaber I had clipped onto my belt. The blade whirred to life as I raised it in front of my face, my eyes still closed. The wind shifted and I took another breath in, feeling the world around me and the energy flowing through everything. Glowing yellow energy pulses were what I saw through my closed eyelids, flowing and surging through every object and wisp of air around me. All of the lines of energy were being drawn to where my feet were planted solidly on the stone of the roof, the pulses growing in intensity with each breath I took until I moved. I stepped with my right foot and crossed it over my left, turning swiftly so I faced the other direction, my lightsaber whirring to rest out to my side, the blade's glow the brightest thing I could feel.

My eyes remained closed as I moved around the roof, each motion I made smooth and precise. I swung my lightsaber around according to the steps I made, making sure to be exact with every placement. I followed my training as I moved from one side of the rooftop to the other, keeping my eyes closed the whole time. The sun rose further into the sky as I practiced. Each moment that passed felt like it floated in slow motion. The sky was a bright golden when I finally stopped and let out the breath I had been holding in. I stood still, breathing slowly in and out to steady my heartbeat that was racing from the movement. My eyes were still closed, but as the yellow energy began to fade from my closed vision, I blinked them open; my finger clicked my lightsaber back into my belt as I stood straight from my fighting stance. The sun had arisen a ways into the sky by the time I was done, and my frustration had risen with it. If anything I felt more unatease than I had before. My mind just wouldn't settle.

I shook my head, my anger only growing, until I couldn't take it anymore and I slammed my fist down to the ground letting out a scream that could have shattered any glass that was around. The floor cracked and I stopped. I stumbled back from the now crumbled stone, shocked at the power that came from my emotions.

"What the hell did I just do?" I looked down at my hands which were shaking terribly. My hands had never shook before.

What am I doing? What's happening to me?

I used to be so in control. I used to be able to shut out all the emotions that caused me trouble. But now... now I had no control. My emotions were all over the place and I couldn't tell what I was feeling anymore. I've lost control. Of everything. Back when I was a slave, even though I wasn't free, I felt more in control of myself and my fate than I have ever felt being here, training to be something that I don't know if I can be. If I can't control myself, then how am I supposed to live? How am I supposed to survive? Back then I could decide what I did, in a restricted environment, but I had a choice back then. I felt like I no longer had a choice, I couldn't choose who I wanted to be, what I wanted to do... whether I wanted this power or not. The choice was no longer mine, and I hated it.

I hated it.