Episode 8

~Nova's POV~

What am I becoming?

What am I doing?

What's happening to me?

Everything is crumbling around me.

So much destruction.

So much pain.

I collapsed to the cold stone floor of the roof of our home. My chest felt compressed, the oxygen being sucked from my lungs. My vision became blurry with yellow light. The world around me twisted and distorted. The floor cracked and it felt as though the entire planet cracked with it. Everything shook as I let out a bloodcurdling scream that was only silence to me for my hearing had disappeared.

My head thudded like a seismic charge had gone off inside of it and I couldn't see or hear anything. My insides felt like molten lava, whatever skin I could feel felt like solid ice, and my veins felt like pure electricity.

Pain.

Searing pain.

Every inch of me was excruciating.

I gasped for air and clutched at my splitting skull. My eyes were screwed shut but even if they were open the only thing I would see would be golden light. I tried to scream again because the pain was so bad, but nothing came out, at least not that I could hear. I could scream louder than anyone and I wouldn't know it because I couldn't hear anything... Except my heartbeat which was going so fast I could barely tell what it was.

In that moment I felt so alone, trapped in an empty chasm of noiselessness and blankness, that I wanted to die.

A split second later everything was gone. I could see, I could hear, I could breathe.

Then... blackness.