Chapter Five

Leviticus de Grèves

1864- September 16th

Rhiannon Drake gazes fondly at Damon Salvatore from across the room, her dark hazel eyes glittering in the low lighting of the room. I knew she was quite taken with him, the 25 year old human man that her sire planned on turning into a vampire. As if noticing my stare, Rhia looks up, meeting my gaze. In the past, before her affection had blindly been misplaced and found by Damon, it had been Rhia and I who spent countless years by each others' sides. Now, she strides across the room, her long skirts sweeping the floor before she stops as she reaches me.

"Levi, are you jealous of my attention to Mr. Salvatore?" Unlike her sire, Miss. Katherine Pierce, she doesn't smile at this question. Rhia is not as cruel of a woman as her sire is, though she can have her moments. Rhia tilts her head to the side, and I nod.

"I am, darling." I admit. "But how could I not be?" I ask this of her, taking her gloved hand, and drawing her close. "Just a few months ago, it was me you were staring at adoringly." I remind her.

"Oh, Levi." Rhia chuckles. "Mr. Salvatore is a good friend, nothing more. Though his affection for me is something that matches his blind devotion to Miss. Katherine. Though, she doesn't return those feelings, even if she says she does, Levi. Miss. Katherine loves only Mr. Stefan Salvatore. Not Mr. Damon Salvatore."

"Did she tell you this?" I ask, my eyebrows drawing together in a state of confusion. "Rhia, you know Miss. Katherine would not like for Mr. Damon to over hear you. If she has to compel him to forget that, it isn't going to be fun and games. Not to mention, what she might do to you for ruining her plans." I murmur.

"You worry too much, Levi. All of us will be leaving this wretched town together, Katherine with both of the Salvatore brothers, and you and I, my darling Leviticus." Rhia smiles at me, her eyes gazing into mine. "That is, if you'll still have me, my love."

"Until death do us part, my love." I say back, my voice full of love.

---

-Present day-

"Until death do us part..." I say aloud, hurling my glass into the fireplace. It ignites because of the liquor, and I feel tears fall down my cheeks. "Yeah, because death sure came for you, my darling." I mutter.

"Feeling bad for yourself?" I look over to see Stefan Salvatore.

"Get the hell out of here, mate." I hiss, and Stefan shakes his head.

"Levi, I need to know you're not going to be going after Irisa." Stefan says. "Because she's nothing like Rhiannon. She doesn't know you or Damon or me. You have to stay as far away from her as possible."

"Oh, Stef. Like you're doing with Elena Gilbert? The girl who is identical to Katherine Pierce?" I ask bitterly. "Who the hell are you to tell me who to stay away from you hypocrite? I'm not going to make the girl fall for me. I'm just going to keep an eye on her. She's a trouble maker, you know? Just like her brother." I roll my eyes. "She needs to be protected from herself. She died, Stefan. She's lucky the hospital staff is so advanced in medical care. My blood healed her, or she'd be in the hospital for months. I can't let her suffer."

"So you're here just to keep her safe? Like Damon?" Stefan asks me, surprised.

"Damon shouldn't be around her. He was obsessed with Rhiannon." I remind him. "For him, losing Rhiannon and Katherine both threw him over the edge. He could easily hurt Irisa."

"I know. It's why I don't want him around her either. Especially not because he was even more in love with Rhiannon than he was in love with Katherine." Stefan says quietly. "But just like Elena isn't Katherine, Irisa isn't Rhiannon."