Chapter Seven

Irisa

After an apology to Elena for hitting her, and a talk with Bonnie, I'm helping with the car wash fundraiser, but when we run out of the towels, I sigh. I walk over to Elena and Caroline and see that she's counting the money. I easily spot four hundred dollars, and she eyes me suspiciously.

"You're wearing a bikini?" She asks me, and I raise an eyebrow.

"Bonnie said I look fine." I tell her and she gives a small nod. "We're out of towels and those shimmy things." I explain.

"We'll get some." Caroline smiles at me, "Mind the money." She tells Elena, and loops her arm through mine, and we walk away, back towards the school building. We walk into the janitors closet, but when I pull on the door handle it's locked.

"Ugh, it's locked. I could have sworn it was open earlier. Want to try a different door?" I ask Caroline. But when I turn around, she's staring off into space, then breaks into a run, and I shout "Caroline! Hey, Caroline! Wait!" I run after her, feeling breathless.

--

I chase her to a house in the middle of what seems like no where, and say "Damn it, Caroline! Where the hell are we?"

She walks up to the front door, trying to get in, but it's locked, so she tries to find other ways to get in. I follow her, watching her dazed expression.

"Damon?" She calls out.

Damon. As in Stefan's older brother, Damon? The guy I have no memory of?

"This is all about some guy who mistreated you, from what Bonnie has told me? Seriously, Care. That's messed up." I tell her, but she opens a window, and slides in, and I follow her, knowing it's wrong, but I can't just leave her to fend for herself!

"Damon?" She calls out again.

Then she disappears downstairs, and I follow her.

Irisa...

I pause, startled, then make my way down the stairs the rest of the way.

"We shouldn't be here!" I warn her, grabbing her arm.

"Oh my God." Caroline whispers, and I glance up, startled to see a man, on the other side of a huge door, held in by a bolt lock. His light blue eyes are stunning, intense, and his raven colored hair stands out startlingly against his shock of icy-pale skin. He looks very sick right now, and I grip Caroline's arm tightly. "How did I know you were here?" Caroline asks him.

"Because I wanted you to. Both of you." He looks over at me. Damon. Caroline had been looking for him. He'd hurt her. Stefan's brother. Damon finds the strength to stand, and stride up to the door. He grabs the bars on the window of the door, staring at me longingly. "Nice bikini." He says, quietly, but this somehow doesn't make me uncomfortable. I suddenly remember I'm half naked, standing in just my bikini, my long hair bundled into a braid going down my back. "Irisa, open the door, please." He begs me, his blue eyes staring into mine.

"You bit me." Caroline says, tears in her eyes, recounting holes in her memory. Had he done the same to me.

"You liked it, remember?" Damon asks, and I scoff. His eyes meet mine.

"I highly doubt anyone in their right mind would like having chunks taken out of their body by a demented beast like you." I tell him, and his eyes widen, then his eyes darken to black, but I feel no fear. "Especially not a sweet girl like Caroline." I say quietly.

"Why do I keep remembering the same things in different ways?" Caroline asks suddenly, clearly scared to death.

"What did you do to her?" I demand, and he ignores me.