Chapter Six

Stefan

I spot Irisa standing at her locker, and I walk over. Irisa gives me a suspicious look, watching me with those very green, hazel eyes of hers.

"Hey, I needed to talk t you, Irisa." I tell her and she raises an eyebrow. "Damon is gone. He left, and he's not coming back." I explain, fully expecting her reaction to be similar to Caroline's, or at least a little bit upset. But, Irisa just looks confused.

"Damon, who?" Irisa asks, as if she truly doesn't know my brother. I realize someone compelled her, but it couldn't have been my brother. Damon wouldn't ever make her forget him.

"Have you seen Levi recently?" I ask her as Matt spots us talking and begins to walk over.

"Levi, who?" She asks, "Stefan, you're not making sense. I don't know who you're talking about."

"Damon is Stefan's brother, you know that Irisa." Matt says. "As for Levi, he's the asshole who got the bartender to give you alcohol when you didn't need it." Matt reminds her.

"Please, I can get alcohol without some guys' help." Irisa waves off Matt's remark, but he's watching her closely.

"Bonnie said you're having problems with your memory and having dizzy spell. Maybe we should call your dad and have him take ou back to the hospital." He tells her quietly.

"No!" Irisa exclaims. "Don't, Mattie. Please!" She raises her voice, drawing eyes from all of the students.

"No, I think she's alright." I tell Matt. "Just keep an eye on her." I glance at Irisa, and see she still looks confused. "Make sure yu don't walk home alone, alright? It's not safe." Irisa gives me a sharp nod, and I walk down the hallway and out the door.

Standing by my car is Levi. Obviously waiting for me. "Went to see Zach." Levi says and I nod for him to continue. "Thank you for handling your brother."

"Thank you for spiking Caroline's drink with vervain. He'd been feeding on her, you know." I say and Levi nods as well.

"He had to be stopped. He compelled Irisa to invite him inside her home the other night, Stefan. Then snapped my damn neck." Levi growls angrily.

"I apologize for my broher, Levi. I truly do. Can I ask, did you compel Irisa to forget you and my brother?" I question Levi, who stares at me a moment before replying.

"I also made her forget about Katherine and Rhiannon." Levi admits. "She is safer not knowing. I sifted through her memories, gosh there's so many of them, Stefan. He told her Katherine died in a tragic fire, and she knew all about Katherine being alive in 1864." "How did she know?" I ask him, and Levi shakes his head.

"She found a picture of Katherine at her house, Stefan, amongst the papers the Lockwoods' kept. Rhiannon did stay there, after all. Irisa has her ring. I had to make her forget. She was questioning why my name was on the original registry as well. It was only a matter of time. Once she starts looking, digging. Well... She doesn't stop. She knew Damon and I were messing with her memory, she was asking how. I couldn't just give that secret away. I can't ever tell her what we are, Stefan. It's best she never know. Even if it means she doesn't know Damon or I exist. So I suggest you keep your brother vervained very well, please."

"Zach and I have that covered. And you're welcome to help and get revenge if you'd like." I smile.

"That's not what Rhiannon would have wanted me to do." With that, Levi starts walking away.

"But Irisa would." I say, and Levi halts. "That girl might look fragile, but she's kicked her brother's ass, Levi. Also, she survived death, Levi. If that's not strength, I don't know what is. Rhiannon wasn't everything, you know. She wasn't the kindest soul out there. She used people, just like Katherine did. You know that better than anyone. Surely you can see the difference between Irisa and Rhiannon more so than my brother. You knew Rhiannon a very long time. Rhiannon wasn't strong minded the way Irisa is. Rhiannon looked strong, and was because she was a vampire. But Irisa isn't a vampire, and looks fragile, and is so young. But she knows right from wrong. She knew something wasn't right about you, me or Damon from the moment she met us all, Levi."