Chapter Fifteen

Irisa
I wake up in the middle of the woods, naked and covered in a thick layer of blood, my hair clinging to me. I shiver as I smell the blood- sharp and distinct, and I look around, not sure where I am, exactly, or how I got here. Then, I recognize the path, and I turn out of it, through the woods. When I step out, I spot the Salvatore Boarding House, and I look around before walking across the paved road towards it. When I knock on the door, Stefan opens the door, and his mouth drops open at my appearance.
"Damon!" Stefan screams, and grabs my arm, pulling me inside, immediately taking off his shirt and jacket. Damon rushes out of his room at the smell of fresh blood, and when his eyes fall of my naked body, he looks scared.
"Irisa... what did you do?" Damon asks cautiously, stepping towards me.
I take a step back, shaking my head. "I don't know." I reply, and Stefan pulls me into his arms, shoving the shirt over my body, then draping his jacket around me.
"Where's Levi?" Damon asks, and I shrug. "Is he still at his house?"
"I think so. You can call him."
"I broke his phone, remember?" Damon says, sighing.
"Mine is there." I reply, and Stefan sighs.
"I'll call your phone." Stefan tells me, and lightly pushes me towards Damon. "Get her cleaned up, Damon."
"Is that a good idea?" Damon demands from his brother, but Stefan ignores him as he walks out of the room. Damon let's out a frustrated groan, and looks at me. "Please, tell me you didn't kill someone, Ris..."
"I don't know." I repeat.
"Irisa!" Damon exclaims, grabbing my arms, and I look up at him, startled. "If you did, you are going to be in so much trouble if anyone finds out."
"That's your problem, not mine, darling." I give him a small smile, pull out of his arms, and head towards the bathroom. Damon follows, watching as I pull off his brother's shirt and jacket and get into the shower. I close the curtain, immediately washing all of the blood off of myself.
"Irisa, why did you come here?" I can just barely hear him over the water, and I lean my head against the wall, listening to the beating of his heart, trying to calm myself, even though he doesn't know what a mess my emotions are right now.
"I woke up right outside... In the woods, Damon."
"So whoever you attacked was close to here." He says. "When Levi gets here, the four of us have to go out and find whoever it is, Irisa. No questions asked."
I turn off the water, sighing, and shove open the shower curtain. "No, Damon. This is my mess. Levi and I will handle it."
"Like hell you will. You come to my house, covered in blood, completely naked I might add, and you think you have any right to tell me how you're going to handle this?" His blue eyes are furious. "I don't know where you get off trying to tell me what to do. I had enough of that from Katherine and Rhiannon, I'll be damned if yo-"
"Damon, enough." Stefan says, shoving the door open. "I've got clothes for you, Irisa. Here's a towel."
I reach past Damon, grabbing the towel as I get out of the shower. "Thank you, Stefan." I tell him, eyeing Damon closely as I walk past him, drying off.
"No problem. Levi is on his way. He said we're all going to help figure out what happened. He's positive whoever you attacked isn't dead though." Stefan reassures me and Damon, "He said you would absolutely know, for some reason." Stefan shrugs. "I trust Levi on this one, though." He puts a hand on my shoulder, leading me back to the living room, handing me the clothes he'd grabbed, and a delicate sniff alerts me to Elena's scent.
"Elena's clothes?" I raise an eyebrow.
"Oh, sorry. It's all I have." Stefan says, and I shrug, pulling them on. "How did you know-"
"I don't know. She just...stands out." I tell him.
Damon raises an eyebrow now. "Does she?" He asks, and I give him a challenging look.
"Problem, children?" A voice says as Levi shoves open the front door.
"Levi!" I exclaim, rushing over to him, and throw myself into his arms. "Oh my god, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."
"Don't. It's not your fault. I didn't realize you were gone until I woke up to see if you were hungry again, and you weren't there. I looked everywhere, and I couldn't find you." Levi says, touching my cheek. "Where did you go?"
"Here." Damon says, not smiling but grimacing. "She said she was in the woods right outside here," He looks over at Stefan, then back at us. "She was covered in blood, Levi. You told Stefan you don't think she killed anyone. How can you be so sure?"
"Because, she'd be in severe pain right now if she had." Levi tells him. "For now, we need to find out who she attacked. That's the biggest issue. Ris, did you... know what you were doing?"
"No, I woke up in the woods." I sigh. "I'm sorry. I swear, I have no idea what happened."
"You don't have to keep apologizing." Stefan reassures me. "You're new at this. Believe me, you're not the first one of us to fly off the handle, Irisa."
"She's not flying off the handle, Stefan!" Damon and Levi exclaim together. The two of them exchange a look, then look over at me.
Then, Levi tilts my chin up. "What's wrong, Ris? You're not flying off the handle at all. I can see in your eyes you're struggling with something, but it's like even you can't comprehend what it is. You're so in control... You need to let go."
I shake my head. "No, Levi..." I whisper.
"Let go, and tell me what happened." Levi urges, staring me in the eyes.
"No." I repeat, pulling away from him.
"Did she just...?" Stefan looks between Levi and Damon, and Damon nods.
"Yeah, she's fighting the sire bond as well." Damon responds. "Let me try." He grabs my hand, pulling me into his arms. "Hey, Irisa." He says, his blue eyes staring into mine. I raise my chin defiantly, and Damon smiles. "Now, now. None of that. I might now be your sire, darling, but we both know you can't resist me. Not after that kiss last night." He gets that look in his eyes, and the smirk that is infuriating and sexy at the same time, the one that Rhiannon had learned from Katherine who had learned it from someone else... Rhiannon had taught it to Damon.
"Damon, don't!" Stefan and Levi exclaim.
But then Damon's lips touch mine as his arms lock around my waist tightly. When his tongue touches mine, I feel fire burning through me and I kiss him back, cupping his face gently between my hands. Then, I pull back, and I smack him hard across the cheek.
"Mhmm." Damon mumbles.
"I'm not Rhiannon." I say quietly with venom in my voice. "Let's not forget who I slept with last night, Damon, because we both know you didn't get that luxury."
"Rubbing it in that way, that's a very Rhiannon thing of you to say, baby doll. Everything is flooding back to you, isn't it? That's why you're fighting the sire bond, and why you're in so much damn control. You're in so much better control of your emotions than before. You're no longer baby Irisa." Damon says.
"Is that what you thought I was before Elena got me killed?" I ask, tilting my head to the side. "A child? A baby?" I grin, "Oh, Damon. Maybe I should sleep with you. Maybe then it'll prove to you I'm no child."
Damon's cheek muscle twitches, and I chuckle.
"Enough, Irisa." Levi says. "You've goaded him enough."
"Oh, no. I'm just getting started." I say, wrapping a leg around Damon's waist. Damon's eyes glance downward to my leg, and I smile. "You're so obvious, Damon. And pathetic. No wonder Katherine let herself be put in that tomb. Sure, she got me killed by your father and pinned it on your brother. But she wanted away from you." I laugh. "Because she didn't actually want you! She wanted Stefan."
"Enough, Irisa." Levi grabs for my hand, but Damon wraps his arms tightly around me, speeding me upstairs to his room.
"What the hell is wrong with you!?" Damon shouts at me. "I thought yo-"
"Loved you?" I ask him. "I do. But you're nothing but a pathetic, stuck up jerk! So I also hate you!" I scream at him. "Come on, hit me! Like you so badly have wanted to do since I started spending time with Levi! Hurt me, Damon! COME ON! Where is the man who broke my wrist the other night!?" I shove him, and I hear Stefan and Levi rush up the stair. "Where's the man who so badly loves picking fights with me!? I'm raring for a real fight with you!"
Stefan starts towards us, and Levi grabs his arm. "Don't, let them go." He whispers.
"Their going to kill each other, Levi!"
"No, let them get this out of their systems." Levi tells Stefan.
Damon's chest is heaving as he breathes heavily, and I punch him in the face, only for him to grab my arm, yanking me towards him. "You're still a little girl." He whispers, and tosses me across the room. I land on my hands and feet in a crouched position, much to his shock, and then I spring up, and we rush towards each other, punching and kicking and ripping at each other.
"Oh god." Stefan sighs, and Levi chuckles.
"Don't worry. She's much more durable now." He reassures Stefan, and Stefan exchanges a look with him. "Plus, I honestly think it might be Damon who should be worried."
"Why's that?" Stefan asks.
Levi points. "That's why." Levi tells him. Suddenly, I pin Damon to the floor, a broken chair leg in hand, aimed right at his heart. Damon has a panicked look on his face, his eyes wide in fear, his skin icy pale, and his hair disheveled. I, however, am fine. I lower the chair leg-stake to Damon's chest.
"Do you see how easy it'd be for me to kill you now?" I ask him, and Damon nods, gasping. I toss it, and bite him on the wrist instead. Damon sighs, wrapping his arms around my waist. His blood tastes different now than it had in the cemetery, and when I pull back, I wipe at my lips, suddenly wishing I could have more. I look down at Damon in surprise, then look at Levi. His eyes are wide, and I pull quickly away from Damon, standing. I hold out my hand to Damon. "Do I meet your standards, Damon Salvatore?" I ask and he nods, taking my hand and climbing to his feet. I don't let go of his hand. "Hopefully the next time we're fighting it'll just be a training session and not me wanting to hurt you."
"I'm sorry." Damon says, not meeting my eyes.
"Me too." I lean in and press a kiss to his cheek, and then pull away from him, and walk over to Levi. "Okay, so we have a human to track down? How do we do that?"
"Take us to where you woke up." Levi says.
I nod, lacing my fingers through his when he takes my hand, and I glance between the Salvatore brothers. "Shall we?"