Chapter || Fourteen

"Is this becoming our norm? You calling me?"

"He invited me to a party he's throwing this weekend."

"Are you not happy about it?"

"No, I am."

"You don't sound happy."

"I am happy. I just . . ."

"You just what?"

"I don't know. He seems like a nice guy but why is he talking to me all of a sudden and inviting me to a his party?"

"I'm sure you're not the only person he invited."

"I know. I just . . . I don't know. I don't think I'm going to go though. He probably has celebrity friends and I'll just make a fool out of myself."

"You're going to stand him up?"

"I don't think he'll notice, trust me."

"I think you should go and bring your roommate and your best friend."

"My roommate and best friend actually hate each other so I'll spare the party from turning into a death match."

"So you'll go to the party then?"

"What if he remembers me and starts talking to me?"

"Is that like a rhetorical question or -"

"I'm being serious MG! You didn't see the way I embarrassed myself today. He probably invited me out of pity because I was stuffing my stupid face with cookies when he came over and I knocked the tray of desserts on the floor. I just wanted the floor to swallow me and the cookies."

"He makes you that nervous, huh?"

"Why are you laughing? HE'S FRICKIN' DEMITRI GUERRERO!! Of course he makes me nervous! What breathing female wouldn't get tongue tied when he's looking at her?!"

"Well I'm not a female so I can't relate to the feeling."

"That's it - I'm not going."

"What - why?"

"Just thinking about it makes my heart race. I'll pass out before I even get out of the car. I'd rather not wake up in the hospital."

"You are being very dramatic."

"Yeah well, Demitri shouldn't be so irresistible. I'm hanging up now my pizza is here."

--   --   --