Chapter || Twenty-Six

"Hello?"

"I think I ate too much popcorn and M&Ms last night."

"I told you not to make a third bag of popcorn."

"My stomach is so queasy and I've been drinking water all day. I've drank at least three gallons already and it's not even noon."

"Where are you?"

"At the deli picking up lunch for the director. I was supposed to go and ask Demitri if he wanted something but I couldn't stand in front of him and that handsome face trying not to vomit."

"So you left him to fend for himself? He could be starving for all you know."

"There are other runners. If he wants something to eat that bad he can ask one of the other girls. What are you crunching on?"

"Chips. I'm about to grab a sandwich from this place my boss has been telling me about nonstop."

"What's it called?"

"I don't know. I have to take the alleyways since I'm being watched and all."

"MG -"

"I know, I know. In four days I will tell you everything, just remember your promise."

"I didn't forget - OH MY GOSH."

"What's wrong?"

"Demitri just walked in."

"What? Where?"

"In the deli I'm at. I feel like a creeper staring at him. He has on a hat and sunglasses as a disguise for goodness sake and I'm just staring . . . Looking away. I'm looking away now."

"Are you sure that's him?"

"I've been working with him all day."

"What is he doing?"

"He was on the phone but I turned around. I don't want him to feel obligated to talk to me."

"Go talk to him like a coworker would."

"We're not coworkers! What if he's really trying to hide? What if he's on the phone with his girlfriend?"

"His what?"

"His girlfriend. He's dating Alyssa Bowmen from his last movie."

"You shouldn't believe everything on the internet."

"They were just cuddled up on the front page of Tween a few months ago."

"Sometimes pictures are taken out of context."

"They were kissing."

"And he could have been really drunk and doesn't remember any of it."

"Doesn't mean it didn't happen and why are you defending him so much?"

"I'm not I just - I think you should ask if he's single."

"I'd rather slap the sandwich out of his hand."

--   --   --