Chapter || Fifteen

"Why do you keep sending me to voicemail? That's so rude."

"I was trying to paint but you won't leave me alone."

"Are you finishing with my painting?"

"If you must know, yes."

"Do you paint as well as the guys at your uncle's shop? I seen some nice detail work on a motorcycle when I dropped off my car."

"Who do you think repainted your car?"

"You painted my car? Did you see me drop it off? Were you there?"

"Whoa whoa whoa. Slow down with the questions, Slick. No, I wasn't there when you dropped off the car because I had missed the bus and my roommate wouldn't wake up to take me so I had to wait for the next one."

"Your roommate sounds like a bitch."

"She is."

"Then why are you living with her?"

"Because I'm dirt poor and her dad owns the building so while she lives here for free, I'm only paying twenty-five percent of the rent. So my thoughts and opinions will remain in my head until I have enough money to get my own place which should be in a few years depending on how many directors are looking to pay coffee runners."

"How'd you become a coffee runner anyway? Are you trying to work your way up to the director position?"

"No, nothing like that. My roommate is actually a model that was dating an assistant director for a bit and he offered me a job after I came home from a failed interview at a coffee shop."

"A model for a roommate you said?"

"That's what you heard from all of that?"

"Models are my weakness."

"Are you serious?"

"I'm just messing with you, Runner. You sound jealous."

"Hardly. More like disappointed after you called her a bitch."

"I said she sounds like a bitch not that she is one."

"Well, Miss Model forgot her key again and is banging on the door so I'll call you later."

"Okay. Bye."

--   --   --