My One True Love

Disclaimer:I only own the stories that are going to be in this fanfiction! Everything else like the artwork and anime belongs to people who made the artwork and Hiro Mashima!
________________________________________
Story 11

Lucy's P.O.V
"Come on, Plue!" I said to my best fish friend!" (Plue can talk in this) "Okay, Okay, Lucy!" He responded trying to catch up to me. "Man you're such a slow swimmer....no offense!" I quickly added, remembering that Plue was sensitive about being called a slow swimmer. "You don't think I know that I'm a slow swimmer!" Plue cried out, throwing his hands up in the ocean. I ignored him, not purposely of course, but I saw something in the distance that caught my eye. "Lucy are you even listening to me?!" Plue said, noticing I wasn't paying any attention to him. "I'm sorry, Plue, but what's that?" I asked swimming higher, pointing to something that was slowing sinking to the ocean floor. "Lucy you're not supposed to swim past the barrier, remember the rules?" He warned, tugging on my fin, trying to drag me back. "Don't you ever worry about anything else besides rules?!" "Come on Plue live a little!" I exclaimed, somewhat angry. Plue gave a big sigh and then let go of my fin. "Okay, Lucy just don't get us caught." He said, starting to swim up to that thing that was sinking lower and lower to the ocean floor. Once we caught up I took a good look at it, and realized that it was actually a human. "Okay Lucy we had a look, now let's go back to the barrier!" Plue exclaimed urgently, starting to swim away. "Oh wait a minute, Plue, I think he needs air." I said, yanking him back toward me and the human. Plue looked alarmed and shocked but eventually stuttered out, "H-How d-d-do you know t-t-that..?" He questioned, still shocked. "U-Uh, I have my ways...." I replied awkwardly, avoiding eye contact. "Uh...huh.." He answered skeptically. "But anyway can I drag him back to land?" I asked, breaking the silence that surrounded us. "You're lucky I love you." (Not like that you) He responded, following me, as I drag this human back up to the land. "You know he's not a bad looking human..." Plue said along the way, raising his eyebrows creepily. "This is not, The Little Human, Plue!" I shouted exasperatedly, even though I was blushing. (Do you get it) "Well your face says otherwise!" Plue shouted playfully. "Oh shut up!" Was the last thing I said before arriving on land. Once I laid him down, I started to perform CPR. "Ohhh, I shouldn't watch someone kiss their boyfriend!" Plue teased swimming around the island I was on. "Plue, this is a serious issue, he needs to breathe or else he's going to die!" I answered seriously, though, I was blushing brighter than a rose. "Okay, Okay..." Plue responded still teasingly, but was quiet the rest of the time I was trying to perform CPR. After awhile I started to get worried, but then the human coughed up water and slowly opened his eyes. When he saw me he widened his eyes, and pushed me off the island. "G-Get away you........y-you freak!" He shouted, which strangely hurt somewhere in my chest. "Hey why did you do that?!" Plue cried. "She rescued your dumb ass from dying, you should be grateful and on your knees right now!" He continued. After he finished he swam over to me and started dragging, the still shocked me back down to the ocean. "I know Lucy you were shocked by his meanness-You should have just let him di-" But I cut him off. "He wasn't mean..." I muttered out, staring at the bottom of the island I left the human on. Plue looked at me shocked. "Lucy, he pushed you off of him, and called you a freak!" He exclaimed angrily. "Yeah, but I saw sadness in his eyes when he did it." I explained, still looking at the island that was now far from my reach. "Whatever, now I'm going to get something to eat from the village, don't go back to him!" "Is that clear?!" He demanded, looking at me with content. I nodded very slowly, and then with one last glance, he swam off to the village. When he was out of sighted I smirked and muttered, "Haha, I was crossing my fingers!" And then made my way toward the island again. Once I got there, the human looked at me confusingly and with the same sadness. "What do you want?!" "To kill me, or something?!" He asked me bitterly. I ignored that question, and before I could stop myself, the question I've been thinking of slid out of my mouth, "Why do you look so sad when you see a mermaid?" He looked taken aback by this question, and after awhile it was clear that he wouldn't explain. "Fine!" "If I get you to trust me within one month, will you explain?" I asked hopefully. He looked at me, then he grinned and said, "Deal!" So from that day on I sneaked out of the village and handed him things he needed to survive such as, food, clean water, (don't ask how that works) I even somehow sneaked a bed to him too! And when I would make my daily trips, we would talk to each other forever! Eventually it had been a month and the question was going to be asked today. I was heading to the island, and when I saw him, I did the usual and handed him the food. "Hey Natsu, do you trust me now?" I asked after he was done eating. He gave a sigh and slowly nodded. "Great!" "So why are you sad when you see a mermaid?" I questioned excitedly, not expecting something so personal but I was wrong. Natsu sat down and started to explain. "Well it started when I fell off a ship and thought I was going to die." He took a deep breath and began again. "That's when I felt someone lift me up, and all of a sudden I felt air in my lungs." "When I opened them, I saw a mermaid." "Who  I later learned was named, Lisanna Strauss, we got to know each other pretty well, until...." He paused then very darkly said, "Until Lisanna's village found out, and murdered her right in front of me!" "I felt so useless, I was being pinned down and was forced to watch her suffer!" "After the mermen and mermaids left I thought I lost my soulmate, and vowed to never befriend another  mermaid ever again." When he finished I looked at him with sadden eyes, but he grinned. "Why are you grinning?" I asked shocked. "Well because I figured out Lisanna wasn't my soulmate and that I found my true soulmate!" He explained happily. "You did?!" I exclaimed, hiding the hurt. "Yep and it is you, you are my one true love!" I stared at him for awhile and eventually I smiled and said, "I love you too!"
________________________________________
Hope you enjoyed! Byeeeeeee!
________________________________________
Words:1203