My Sick Dragon

Disclaimer:I only own the stories that are going to be in this fanfiction! Everything else like the artwork and anime belongs to people who made the artwork and Hiro Mashima!
________________________________________
Story 13

Lucy's P.O.V
"Ugh!" "When is Natsu coming?" "I need to pay rent!" "I mean I understand why Happy's not here, he's on a mission with Wendy and Carla, but where's Natsu?!" I complain as Mira handed me a strawberry milkshake. "Aw, you miss him....!" Mira said, almost passing out. "No Mira!" "I just need rent, and Natsu hates it when I go alone!" I shouted, bounding up from my stool. "Yeah whatever, we all know you love hi-" Mira started, but I cut her off and yelled very loudly, "I'm going to Natsu and Happy's house!" Everyone stopped what they were doing, and looked toward me. "What?" "I need rent!" I said, but in truth, I was worried. "Yeah, make that excuse!" Was the last thing I heard as I close the door. "Natsu you better be ok!" I thought as I ran down the street, bumping into people in the process. Once I got to Happy's and Natsu's so called, 'home' I ran in. What I saw inside was worse than a mess, it was a catastrophe!" I looked around the messy place, and started leading myself through the dirty clothes, until finally I wondered into what I assume is a bedroom, because there was natsu on his side,m and seemed paler than usual, laying in a hammock. I quickly rush over and kneel beside him. When I had a clear view of him, my heart broke! His bangs was sticking to his forehead because he seems to be sweating, when he took a breath in his throat sounded scratchy, and he kept going closer to the blankets on him. I already knew , from the way he looked, that he was sick, and ran to get a washcloth for his fever. Once I soaked it with cold water, I ran back to Natsu, moved his bangs back, made him lay on his back, and then I set it gently on his head. He stirred a little bit, but didn't knock off the cloth. After awhile his eyes started to open. "L-Luce..,." He muttered out, sounding very different from the Natsu I know. I smile at him and said very soothingly, "Yes Natsu?" "A-Are....you...in...t-trouble..?" He asked, starting to get up. I shook my head, and pushed him back down, then started playing with his hair. "Than...w-why..a-are you...here.?" He asked, relaxing from me playing with his hair. "To take care of you, silly!" I answered motherly. He looked down a bit then finally said, "Why....are you..doing..this?" "Because I lov-I mean because you're my best friend..!" I answered quickly. "Oh." He said, sounding a bit disappointed. "Anyway I'm going to make you some soup.." I said, changing the subject, and standing up. "You...d-don't...have...t-to..!" Natsu answered, using his scratchy voice. "No you need it, your voice sounds horrible." I stated, trying to find my way to the kitchen. He grumbled a bit and then looked at me. "What kind of soup?" He asked. "Your favorite one, with five bottles of hot sauce!" I lied, stopping to answer him. He smiled at me, then slowly closed his eyes. After I finally found my way to the kitchen, I cleaned it, and then went to get some chicken. When I got back, Natsu was somehow still asleep. "He must be very tired." I thought as I made my way back to the kitchen. While the soup was cooking, I decided to clean as much as I can. But when the soup was finished, I barely cleaned up anything at all, still it was much better than before. As I took the soup to Natsu, I noticed there was a list on the floor under the hammock. I placed the soup down, and picked up the list. As I read, my eyes widen. On the list the title said, Ways for me to protect Luce better. And bellow it, all it said was, train. "This must how he got sick.." I thought guiltily, picking up the soup again. Putting the list down, I gently shake Natsu awake. When he woke up, I handed him the bowl and spoon, but seeing he doesn't have enough strength, I fed it to him. When he was done he said, "Hey, thanks Luce." And gave me a slight smile. "No problem my sick dragon!" I answered, feeling like my love for him have grown even bigger today, if that was even possible.
________________________________________
Alright I thought this would be fitting, because right now I'm sick, and let me tell you, it sucks! But you probably already knew that since everyone's gotten sick at least once. Anyway hope you enjoyed it! Sorry it was short! Byeeeeee!
________________________________________
Words:829