You'll Never Disappoint Me

Disclaimer:I only own the stories that are going to be in this fanfiction! Everything else like the artwork and anime belongs to people who made the artwork and Hiro Mashima!
________________________________________
Story 22

Lucy's P.O.V
"Ugh, I'm so exhausted!" I thought as I made my way toward my apartment. I was even to tired to walk on the ledge, like I normally do. Anyway, when I finally reached my apartment, which felt like forever, I walked in and flicked on the lights, when I did I expected to see Natsu or Happy on my bed, but no one was there. "Strange...why would they not be here?" I wondered, slightly sad for some reason, but I was far to tired to look into it more, so all I did was change into my pajamas, and slump onto my bed, wincing at the coldness of it, but nonetheless, I got ready to go into dreamland, which I did pretty fast. It was around 3:15 A.M when I woke up, due to something shuffling around in my bed. I open one eye and sat up, nearly screaming my head off when I saw Natsu there. "What are you doing here, arou-" I started, but he cut me off by tackling me into a hug. "N-Natsu...?" I stammered, blushing fifty shades of red. I got nothing in reply,instead, I got a heart wrenching sob coming from my beloved dragon, that's right, me, Lucy Heartfilia, has a major crush on Natsu Dragneel. "W-W-What's wrong?" I said concerned, rubbing his back. After awhile, he took a deep breath, and started at the beginning.

Natsu's P.O.V (before going to Lucy's place)
"Hey Natzu, why don't you want to go to Lushi's apartment tonight, I mean you love it there!" Happy exclaimed while we made our way to our little "house." "That's simple lil' buddy, she doesn't want us there, and she looked especially tired today, so it would be best if we leave her alone." I replied simply, not looking at him. "Ohhhh, you looooooooove her!" Happy taunted, speeding up. "Hell yeah, I do!" I shouted running after him. Happy, taken aback, slowed down. "W-What?!" "You actually confirmed it?!" Happy yelled, making my ears bleed. "Shut up, Happy, you're hurting my eardrums!" I exclaimed stopping him before he could begin talking again. He took a deep breath, and let out a sigh. "Sorry Natzu, come on we're almost there." He said, starting to go back to his normal flying speed. "Okay" I answered back, starting to walk also. (Time skip) "Ah, finally here, although, I miss Lushi's place." Happy said, once we arrived at our front door. "Geez, Happy, we haven't even gotten in yet!" I responded, but I will admit, I miss it too, especially Luce. Ignoring that thought, I opened the door and stepped inside, it took me awhile to find my way to my "bedroom" but when I did, I plopped onto my hammock, and immediately dosed off, but it wasn't a peaceful sleep, for I had a dream that made me bolt straight up, startling Happy. "Natzu....are..you..okay..?" He questioned in a drowsy voice, not noticing me sweating or crying because he was to tired. "Y-Yeah...I'm...fine.. j-j-just...go...back..to...s-sleep.., I'm...g-going...t-to...go...s-s-somewhere" I stammered out, getting ready to leave, hearing a distant "okay.." from Happy while doing so. (Another time skip) When I arrived at Luce's apartment, I dashed through the unlocked window, accidentally making a lot of ruckus, causing Luce to wake up and start screaming at me, but I cut her off and tackled her into a hug, starting to sob, which even shocked me, because I've never been the one to cry, but right then and there, I couldn't handle it.

Natsu's P.O.V (present time)
"W-W-What's wrong?" Luce asked with concern, rubbing my back as I cried. After about a few minutes, I was calm enough to start explaining. "It was catastrophic, buildings were destroyed, people were crying and battling, lost kids who were wondering around alone, our guild mates and I were lying on the ground barely alive, a-and...you...were the o-o-only...one...standing, fighting...with....all...your...s-strength, but...you...were..l-losing.. and...a-and...y-y-you...looked..a-a-at...me....with....d-d-disappointed....eyes...a-a-and said, "Y-You...f-failed..me.." O-Or, "Y-Y-You...w-were..n-never...and..will...n-never..b-b-be...m-m-my...h-h-hero..." A-And...l-lastly...you...said, "W-W-What...a....d-d-disappointment...!" I-It...h-hurt...L-L-Luce....I....never...w-w-wanted...t-to..be...a...d-d-disappointment...to... y-y-you...!" I sobbed, crying into Luce's shoulder. She pulled me back after saying some comforting things to me, and cupped my cheeks into her hands, wiped away my tears, and said, "Natsu, you'll never disappoint me.." That was it, I broke down even more and hung onto her, feeling pretty weak, but it really did feel nice to have her comfort. "T-T-Thanks...L-Luce.." I stuttered out.
________________________________________
Hi! Hope you enjoyed it! I don't have much to say....so byeeeeee!
________________________________________
Words:890