Odd Girls

Percy's pov

Since the sighting on Mako this morning, I've been on edge. So I thought it would be a good idea of going to the beach with everybody. We were on our way when someone ran into me. "Ouch, look where you're going." I looked at the girl. She had golden blonde hair, and seemed to be the stereotypical Australian girl. But there was something off about, like a demigod of a minor god. "Hey, you ran into us!" She looked up at me, then looked at me weirdly. Almost like she knew me. "I'm Lyla, sorry" she said, sticking her hand out to shake. I reluctantly shook it. I didn't trust her. She could be a) a demigod or b) a monster. There was option c) a perfectly normal girl with an aroma of magic around her. But I felt like she was either a or b. I introduced myself, the said I was sorry and stuff like that. I also introduced everyone else, and then Hazel invited her to the beach. We talked a little bit there, but I couldn't shake the feeling. Finally we made it to the beach. I pulled Annabeth along with me into the water. Jason, Frank, Leo, and Nico followed. After having numerous water fights, and me winning each time, we walked back to the beach. There were two other girls there. One with almost bleach blonde hair, and one with a medium tone brown hair. I introduced myself and held my hand out. But they didn't take it.  they used the  lame excuse of germaphobes. I felt the same magic around them.  I nodded, not wanting to cause trouble, and sat down. Everyone got introduced, then Leo shook a bottle of coke. Then opened it. I rolled my eyes at his stupidity. The coke sprayed all over us, and really soaking the girls. "Leo!" Annabeth yelled. Leo shrunk back. I turned to face the other girls. They were gone. "Where did they go?" I asked. I looked around, making sure no one was around then dried myself. I started to dry everybody else except Leo. "Why didn't you dry me?" He whined. I looked at him. "It's your fault we got wet." I shrugged. He shot me a glare, but then a yell shocked him out of it. "HOW ARE YOU DRY?" Serena yelled. I looked them up and down. "What about you? You're dry." Annabeth noted. Their eyes widened. "We dried ourselves." Lyla replied. She looked calm, but her voice was shaking. They were hiding something. "But your hair was wet. You can't dry it that quickly." Piper said. Lyla shot us a glare. "You guys ask too many questions." "That wasn't a question." Piper shot. "You will tell us what you are hiding." She said, filling her voice with charm speak. I almost said I was a demigod, but stopped at the last second. "We're m-" Serena stopped mid sentence. "We're leaving." Nixie growled. They walked away. "Serena said that that they were 'm' before Nixie stopped her." Annabeth recaped. "Males?" Leo joked. I laughed and Annabeth punched both of us. "Hey!" I said. "Mermaids." Hazel offered. "Yes! Good job Hazel." Annabeth smiled. "Water or any type of liquid could turn them into mermaids." "I did feel a faint feeling of sea around them." I admitted. "That must be it. We need to find out for sure." Everyone nodded.

A/N

  Not the longest chapter, but I wanted to get something up. I think the main povs are going to be Lyla's, Percy's and Annabeth's. Let me know if you want Zack to be a part of this too, or who's point of views you want. Thanks :).

VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW