One Close Call Away

Nixie's pov

I really didn't swim away when Percy caught me. I swam about a quarter mile before swimming back to Percy's house. I am determined to find out what he is. No matter what the cost. It was only fair that we know what he is if he knows what we are. I waited near the shoreline until Percy left the beach. Once he left, I waited an extra 5 minutes before exiting the water and drying off. I snuck back over to his house, and clamped my hand to turn invisible. I snuck over to Percy's window where he had previously found me snooping. I suppressed a gasp when I saw him shirtless. It wasn't the first time, but I was closer to him this time. I could see his clearly defined abs. But what got me the most was the amount of scars that weren't visible from the farther distance. His torso was legit littered with scars. I pulled out the phone Rita (See, I listen to you guys XD) had given me and snapped a few pictures of him. Not in the creepy why, but to use as evidence against him. I put the phone away, and watched him for a few more minutes. All he did was put on a shirt, and get into the bed, where he stayed on his phone. I waited 15 minutes before my hand started to cramp and I was getting very bored. I turned visible and ran back to the beach and dove into the water.

When I arrived at Mako Island, Zack was gone, and Lyla and Serena were brushing their hair. I surfaced and gave a heavy sigh. "How did it go?" Lyla asked, interest peaking in her voice. I gave another sigh. "Borrrrringggg." I replied, holding out the word. "I knew it was a bad idea to go." Serena said. I rolled my eyes. "But I was there incase anything happened." I countered. I laid back and closed my eyes, ready to relax. But I didn't get the chance to.

Percy's pov

After I made sure Nixie left, I headed back into the house to get ready for bed. Before walking into my room, I made a quick stop at Annabeth's. I knocked quietly on her door. "Hey." She greeted me. "Hey, umm, can we talk real quick?" she nodded and opened the door a little wider allowing me to get in. I entered and sat on the bed, with Annabeth joining me after she closed the door. "I just found Nixie looking in my window about 20 minutes ago." I whispered softly. Her brows furrowed into a cute frown that happened when she was concerned. "I stayed at the beach to make sure she didn't come back, but she might have. I'm worried about her finding out." She nodded. "We should probably tell the others tomorrow morning, but if they find out, we can always ask Hazel to manipulate the mist." I smiled at her quick thinking. "We just have to be very careful now, and I don't know how much we can go swimming anymore." She nodded again, and gave a small smile. She leaned into me, placing her mouth next to my ear. "We'll figure it out Seaweed Brain, we always do." She then placed her lips on mine. I could fell my lips curl into a smile against her, and her lips follow suit. We stared to kiss for a few minutes before she pulled away. "We should go to bed Percy." I nodded and gave her one last peck on the lips before getting up. "Night Wise Girl." She smiled. "Good night Seaweed Brain." I left the room, shutting the door quietly behind me. 

Once I was back in my room, I pulled of my shirt and shorts to change them. I put on a pair of sleep shorts. I checked my phone and sent a shirtless selfie to Annabeth captioned 'Night'.  I put a shirt back on and I climbed into my bed. I continued laying there on my phone until I passed out around 1 am. 

My dreams were filled with worry, as I realized how bad the situation could get between the Mermaids. I realized that Nixie spying on me could have been a close call. How many more close calls could we get before the Mermaids found out? 

A/N
OHHHHHHHHHHH MY FREAKING GODDDDDD. YOU HATE ME RIGHT NOW. I KNOW YOU DO BECAUSE OF CLIFFHANGERS. BUT HEY, THAT'S JUST HOW IT WORKS RIGHT? AND I FINALLY UPDATED!!!!! HOW FRICKIN FUN IS THAT? BUT I'M SORRY BECAUSE I'M STARTING SCHOOL AGAIN IN 10 DAYS.

Self promo time. I created a Spiderman fan fiction, a Supernatural fan fiction, another Percy Jackson fanfiction, and multiple other fan fictions, so don't forget to check those out if you are interested.

Also. THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR ALL THE LOVE I AM GETTING ON THIS STORY. I can't believe that I have almost 10,000 views on this story. TEN FREAKING THOUSAND VIEWS. WHAT THE ACTUAL HECK MAN!  I am so glad you guys enjoy this story, and i'm hopefully going to take this story somewhere soon because of the cliffhangers. 

anyways, that was a long A/N. but i love you guys and dont forget to 

VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW.