Surprised at no Surprise

Percy's pov

I wanted to go to Mako once again, but this time without Annabeth. I felt this kind of magic pulling me towards it. If there was trouble, I could IM the group. I could take Annabeth's Yankees hat, it had started working after we completed the quest, just in case. I felt like there was something there that would answer my question. I decided to go once we got home.

On our way there, a guy bumbed into us. "Ow!" I looked at him. "Sorry I'm Percy." I held my hand out to shake but he ignored it. "I gotta go. Sorry about that." I nodded at him, but ignored it. I watched him jog off to a hidden place. I heard a small splash. Weird. "Annabeth. Hat please. I need to go too." She nodded and tossed me her Yankees cap. I tossed it on and jumped into the water, turned into a merman, and swam straight to Mako.

   I swam into the under water cave, careful not to make any water movement. What I saw shocked me, but I wasn't,really fazed. Inside the small pool was 3 orange tails, and one blue one. I used the water vapor in the air and water around me to teleported to the ledge. Lyla, Nixie, Serena, and the guy from the bay were discussing different things about the group. Shit. How did they find out?. They might have seen Annabeth and I we tails or something. I walked towards a wall and took of the hat. "I ran into them, as I was leaving my house" I coughed, making it as sarcastic as possible. The guy glared at Nixie. "What? Is there something wrong" "Why would you think so?" Nixie asked, her voice innocent. "Because you gave a sarcastic cough."  "I didn't cough." I smiled. This was going to get interesting. "She's right." I said. I talked in a deeper voice, attempting to alter it. "It was me." I stepped out of my hiding spot. There was one simultaneous gasp, then they all clenched their hands and disappeared. "Wow! Impressed. I can do that too." I pulled out the hat and placed it on my head. I heard a gasp or two from my right, and one from my left. All three sounded female. Where did the guy go? I stepped into the water and sank down to the bottom. I sensed Nixie off to the left, and Lyla and Serena to my right. The guy wasn't in the water. Probably on land, drying off. I used water to block the underwater entrance, so they couldn't get out. All I wanted to do was get to know what they are. I pulled the hat off and walked out of the water, making sure I was wet. "I won't hurt you guys or tell anyone. Please come out." I watched as the girls became visible one by one. "Zack?" Serna called out. "Here." I looked over to my left, and saw the guy fully dressed and dried. I decided to play dumb and ask things. "So you guys are mermaids, and a merman?" they blushed and nodded. "It may come as a surprise to you." Lyla said. I shook my head and smirked. I watched as their faces turned from sheepish to surprise. "What are you then?" Nixie asked. "and how did you get here so fast?" I shrugged. "So you guys were born mermaids and merman?" "Not me, I fell into this moon pool and became this fucking mess." I looked over to the guy named Zack. "So, do you have any cool powerful things?" "There's this thing called Poseidon's trident. I saw it in one of my dreams. and I almost got it one night." "Zack!" the girls yelled. "Sorry." He shrugged. The Poseidon's trident thing confused me. He had his trident. So who's was it? "Can you show it to me?" I asked.

A/N

     I feel so fucking BAD. I know it's been a while since I updated, and I know it might be killing some of you. I'M SORRY:(. But I'm on caffeine right now so I decided to update. SO EXPECT YOUR THINGS TO BE BLOWING UP WITH NOTIFACTIONS. :). Thank you for reading and I hope you have a nice day.

VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW.