Investigating

Lyla's pic

I paced back and forth in the grotto, trying to think of where Nixie could be. It's been almost 10 hours since we realized she was gone, and I could tell something was wrong.

"What if we keep missing her?" I wonder aloud.

"What do you mean by that?" I stop pacing to look up in the doorway where Serena was standing.

"What if whenever we go someplace to look, Nixie just left. As annoy-"

"I wish that was true. I really do, but."

"I know, it wouldnt have gone on like this for this long." I sigh, sitting down defeated. Serena walked down and over to me, sitting next to me. She placed her hand on my shoulder and gave it a small squeeze.

"We'll find her, I promise."

"I know that this has something with Percy and his friends, everything was fine until they showed up." Serena nodded slightly, but didn't say anything, I could see her look of doubt, but I ignored it. She always chose to see the good in everyone. "I'm telling you. If we find out what they are, it will help us find Nixie."

"We aren't sure about that." I grunted in frustration.

"Well, I'm going to talk to Zach. Maybe he will agree with me." I put emphasis on the 'he' before turning on my heel and running out of the grotto.

I ran until I was at Zach's house, and I eagerly knocked on his door. I waited for a few seconds before he opened the door.

"What do you want Lyla?" I glared at his tone of annoyance.

"I need to talk to you." He looked behind him, and I followed his gaze. I rolled my eyes when I saw his girlfriend sitting on the couch, looking at the two of us with a confuses expression.

"Well now's not a good time." I grabbed his shirt and pulled him through the door.

"Too bad." He sighed in frustration before turning to face Evie.

"I'll be right back."

"Okay?" She said, continuing to watch us. Zach turned back to face me and closed his door.

"What time are you leaving to show Percy the trident." I asked in a hushed tone.

"Why does it matter?"

"Because, I have a feeling that Nixie's disappearance could have something to do with them."

"And you want me to do what exactly? They seem like good people." I continued to glare at him, frustrated at the fact that he was agreeing with Serena.

"Can't you see?" I whisper yelled, not wanting Evie to overhear our conversation. "We were fine before they came along. I just need you to tell me what time. I want to be there too, and see what I can find out." Zach stayed silent for a moment, before letting out a breath.

"7. At their house, But try not to pry too much, okay? Now if you'll excuse me, I have a girlfriend to hang out with." He turned around and went back inside, locking the door behind him.

I started to make my way home, but after a few minutes of walking, I saw Hazel and the buff, child, Chinese, guy with her. Realizing that I could do some extra investigating before that night, I looked around me to make sure the coast is clear before turning invisible and following them.

Percy's pov

Tonight was the full moon, and something about the energy in the air just seemed different. We all could feel it, and it put everyone on edge. Zach was going to come over tonight to show me the trident, which confused me. In my opinion, it wasn't the real thing, and it was some scrap metal from a minor god, or something that my father didn't like.