Chapter 1

The adopted kids of Morgan and Kristina Ross: Luke, Emma, Ravi and Zuri Ross (Well, except for Emma of course) are all sitting in the gigantic living room with nothing to do and bored out of their minds since the WiFi is out. The living room was huge with a terrace, own elevator, and a baby grand piano. And since the Ross family is rich, they live in the Penthouse of a condominium

"Hey, guys, what's up?" Jessie, their nanny, enters the room from the kitchen.

"Nothing." They all say in unison with no enthusiasm, then sighing. Spoiled rich kids and their WiFi, and nice phones and--well, anyway, back to the story.

"Oh yeah. Zuri, your mom said that you're gonna have a new piano teacher and she will come in a few minutes." Jessie says and a doorbell comes. "Or maybe now." Jessie goes to the front door that was in the kitchen. Once she opens the door, she sees a 13 year old blondie that would dress up like Emma, girlie. And she has a briefcase. How very professional. What is this? Some kind of old movie? With their fancy clothes and fancy cars and fancy--Okay, side-tracked again. Worst narrator ever. Sorry...

"Hi, I'm the new piano teacher." She says, looking up from her phone.

"Uhh, aren't you a bit too young?" Jessie asks, now the Ross kids have all come and gather around.

"Yes I am, but I need money," she explains, now putting her phone away. Well, maybe this chic isn't too bad after all. "My parents are out of the country," she replies. Never mind, another cliche book who's parents are going to die later on. "I'm Casey." She holds out a hand for a handshake.

Luke goes up to her and shakes her hand. Typical. "Hi, I'm Luke." He says.

"Hi. . . " Casey says, awkwardly, now trying to let go of her grip from Luke. "Anyway, who's my student?" Casey asked, still having a hard time to get away from Luke. And then, finally he lets go and she goes into the room.

"It's me," Zuri says, coming up to her. "I'm Zuri."

"Casey." Zuri and Casey goes to the living room while Luke is following her. As always.

"Hey! The WiFi is back!" Emma exclaims, looking on her phone and running towards her room, but then bangs into a wall. "I'm okay..."

"Do you know your do re mi's?" Casey asks, ignoring Emma. Because, you know, rich kids these days. Casey is different, ya know? I like her!

"Not really." Zuri replies. Of course you don't!

"Okay, I'll teach you." Well, duh! You're the teacher!

Casey and Zuri starts their lesson. What was annoying Casey was the fact that Luke keeps coming and looking at Casey. Hey, writer! What happened to the rest? What happened to Jessie? Ravi? And--Okay, I'll shut up.

"Would you please stop?" Casey would say and Luke would go to the sofa playing video games.

After an hour of lesson, Casey's alarm goes off for the end of the lesson.

"All right, Zuri. You're learning fast! Keep it going and keep practicing." Casey says to Zuri, and she's obviously lying. Why wouldn't the teacher be honest these days? Just be a bit harsh! C'mon!

After Zuri has packed her piano books that Casey gave her, she runs off to her bedroom, like usual. Once Casey was done packing her things, she sees an Asian Water Monitor just a few feet away from her. Casey screams but becomes calm quickly, because, ya know, she's a bad a$$ girl. Luke and Jessie runs to the Living Room from the kitchen. Wait, since when did Luke go to the kitchen?

"What is it, my love?" Luke asks Casey.

"Is that a Asian Water Monitor?" Casey asks, ignoring Luke.

"Yeah, it's Mrs. Kipling." Jessie informs Casey.

"Oh, I see. Well, I better go." Casey says while going to the elevator and Mrs. Kipling slithers away.

"Wait! Do you want to go to dinner tonight?" Luke asks.

"No, sorry. I'm taken." Casey lies.

Luke stomps to the kitchen. Nice try, Romeo. When he's gone, Casey mouths 'I'm not' to Jessie and Jessie laughs.

- - - - -

It's the first day for all of the Ross kids. Zuri is in Elementary, while Ravi and Luke is in Middle School and Emma is in High School.

Luke and Ravi sees Casey walking down the hallway.

"Hey, Casey! I didn't know you school here." Luke says, getting Casey's attention.

"Hello, Casey." Ravi greets.

Casey walks towards them. "Hey, guys."

"So. . . Wanna sit with us at lunch?" Luke asks.

"Sure. Why not?" Casey replies. Um, because they're spoiled rich kids? But of course something will happen in the middle of the story. Trust me.

"When is your next lesson with Zuri?" Ravi asks.

"Every Sunday, so this Sunday." Casey replies. Well, no sh*t, Sherlock. You know, there's no need to bleep out the bad words. Because eventually, whoever reads this knows bad words already.

Luke is staring at Casey the whole time they were talking. Perv. The bell rings and finally Luke snaps. "Well, it was nice seeing you again, Casey. See you around." Ravi says. I like this kid! He's polite and not spoiled! Casey waves good-bye to them.

Casey's first class is English. Once she enters the room, all the boys starts whispering to each other. So, she's attractive too, huh? Cliche much. There were no more seats available, so this one guy volunteered his seat for her. She kindly says, "Thank you." to the boy and sits down. He gives her his number and wink when he looks for another seat.

The class starts with the Ms. Jester saying, "Alright class. Settle down, settle down. Now, we have a new student in class and her name is Casey Grim." Ms. Jester motions Casey to stand up. "And you come from where?" Ms. Jester asked.

"I come from here." Casey replies.

"From New York?" Ms. Jester asked, and Casey nods.

"Where are your parents now?"

"They're working over-seas." SEE! FUCKING CLICHE!

"Oh. . . Well, let's get back to learning, shall we?"

And everyone moans. Sounds wrong...

- - - - -

"I hate third grade!" Zuri says as she stomps going inside the apartment from the elevator. Well, no duh, but it gets worse, Zuri, trust me. Emma is on her phone, not saying a word. Luke and Ravi enters without a word as well.

Jessie enters the living room from the kitchen and greets them, "Hey, kids! How was school?"

"Good." Emma, Ravi and Luke say in unison.

"School sucked!" Zuri says as she storms off upstairs to her bedroom. Emma, Ravi and Luke sits on the couch at the same time then Jessie and Mrs. Kipling comes in to join them.

"So. . . What happened?" Jessie asks.

"I asked a girl out." Luke says. What!? I thought he liked Casey!

"What? Who?!" Emma asks, shocked that her brother did that. Pfft, don't be shocked.

Luke smiles and look at all of them.

"Is it Casey?" Ravi asks.

"Nope." Luke replies. He stands up in front of them."It's another dream girl."

"What? I thought I was your dream girl." Jessie complains.

"It's a dream, Jessie. I can have more than one!" Luke retorts. He happily runs off to his room leaving Emma, Jessie and Ravi on the couch.

"So, what are we doing sitting here?" Ravi ask.

"Good point. I'm going to my room." Emma says now standing up still engrossed on her phone.

"And I will go to the kitchen." Jessie says. Why the kitchen? They all left leaving Ravi and Mrs. Kipling.

"I guess it's just you and me." Ravi says to Mrs. Kipling and she hiss then slither away. "Oh, c'mon!"