Chapter 11

"Okay, so this is an octave." Casey said, teaching Zuri on the piano.

Luke was going down the stairs with boredom on his face.

"Hey, Casey, wanna go on a date?" Luke asked, he was leaning on the piano with a puppy face.

"I would love to, Luke, but I have a lot of things to do." Casey replied.

"You can have a break in my piano lesson." Zuri suggested.

"Nice try, Zuri, but I can't do that." Casey said. Zuri gave a little pouty face. "C'mon, we're almost done."

Luke didn't know what to do now. He was just bored. Emma isn't home, Ravi is boring to hang out with, Zuri and Casey is having a lesson. But after that, she has to do homework. Life is just unfair to Luke.

He plopped down the sofa while listening to Casey and Zuri do their lessons.

"No, what note is that?" Casey would say when Zuri got the note wrong.

"Well, I don't know! It's just a bunch of circles in lines and spaces!" Zuri would say.

And finally, Casey's alarm went off. Both of them gave a sigh of relief.

"Hey, Casey!" Luke called out from the sofa. Zuri hopped to her room and slammed the door.

"Yeah?" Casey replied.

"Why don't you play something?"

"Um..." She paused. Luke could hear her drag out the chair and sit on it. Then, she played a melody that Luke never heard of.

She played it with grace and feelings. Like she's into the music. The sounds went louder, then softer. She also did some notes fast, as if something was chasing something. She was just a professional.

Bertram went out of the kitchen and listened to Casey play the piano. She was just amazing.

When she was done, she paused on the piano then lifted up her hands. Luke could hear applause, not from Bertram, but applauses as if four or five people were listening.

Luke sat up from his chair and saw Emma and Austin near the elevator, Ravi, Mrs. kipling and Zuri at the top of the stairs, and Bertram beside the piano.

"That was amazing, Casey!" Bertram exclaimed.

"Thank you." Casey replied.

"I've got to admit," Zuri said, she went down the stairs and sat beside Casey. "I don't regret you being my teacher because I want to be like you when I grow up." Casey smiled and hugged Zuri.

"Can you play any pop songs?" Austin asked.

"No, but I can play it on the guitar." Casey replied.

"You can play the guitar?" Jessie asked, she finally arrived from her nap. "Oh my God, finally!" She exclaimed.

Luke stood up and his mouth was hanging open.

"Casey, I never heard you play, but you were amazing!" Luke said.

"Thanks. I have been playing since I was four," she said. "And when I was around ten, I was forced to practise everyday for one hour. And I have lessons once a week."

Everyones' eyes grew big. Luke noticed that Jessie had disappeared, but she then appeared holding up a guitar. "Anyone wants a performance?" She asked, going down the stairs.

Everyone groaned. "From Casey, of course, then Austin." She informed, then mumbled something. Casey stood up from her seat and got the guitar.

"And, by the way, if you didn't know, that song I was playing is titled "A Maiden's Prayer" composed by a turkish man, I forgot his name." She informed, then she started strumming.