Thirteen

"Welcome home, boss man." I say to Tommy, a huge smile on my face as I hug him tightly.

"Good to see you, Florence." He mumbles, hugging me just as tight. "Good to be back in Small Heath." He takes a step back and looks around.

John just got back with him and Grace, as well as my little godson, Charles, from the station.

"Tommy!" Arthur barrels out of the house and into his brother's arms.

"Arthur." They hug.

"Would you like to meet your godson?" Grace asks, holding the small boy, and I nod, a big smile on my face.

"Hi," I say, taking him in my arms. "You're so handsome." I coo down at Charles, rocking him in my arms.

"Get inside, everyone, it's freezing out here." Polly orders, and we do as she says, spreading out throughout the betting den.

"He's precious, Grace." I say, my eyes not leaving his little face.

"Oh what a sight this is." Polly says, coming over to me, but not making eye contact with Grace. "You look good with a babe, Florence."

"Oh, I'm too young." I shake my head, handing Charles back over to his mother.

"But you're not far off from marriage."

"Michael and I haven't even talked about that." I say, shaking my head again.

"Florence! Follow me!" Tommy shouts, and I shoot Polly a look that I hope said 'I'm sorry' and follow Tommy.

"Yes, Tom?" I ask, shutting the door behind us.

"Tell me how the meeting with Alfie went."

"He was confused on how we found out. John said you were in New York, and then at the very end of the meeting, John asked Alfie what the fuck was going on on his face." I say and Tommy laughs.

"How did he react?"

"I sent John out of the room because I think Alfie might've shot him."

"Did Alfie tell you what was going on with his face?"

"No." I shake my head with a shrug.

"Hmm." He nods. "Anything interesting happen when I was gone?"

"I planned a lot of your fucking wedding."

"Thanks for that. Grace is very excited."

"Expect me moving in. I've got what? Two months?" He nods. "Did you set a date? I've got to get invitations out."

"Grace wants to do that."

"Oh good." I nod.

"Did Pol go with John to the tailors?"

"Yes, and I went to the florist with the requests for the red rose boutonnières."

"The what?"

"The fucking flowers you want the Blinders to wear."

"Oh." He nods. "You get one as well."

"Do I?" I ask, my voice going up a couple octaves.

"You're an honorary Blinder." He says with a smile. "Of course you get one."

"Well, I'll have to get one as a wrist thing."

"Whatever you need, Flo. I'll also be buying your dress. No if ands or buts."

"I've already bought it."

"Did you?" I nod. "How much?"

"Twenty pound." His eyebrows raise. "It was a treat." I smile. "Looks well good on." I say and he laughs.