Twenty-Seven

"Hi, Isaiah." I smile at my friend as he stands outside of the cottage, waiting for me.

"Hi, Flo. How are you, darling?" He offers me his arm and I swing my arm through his, walking to the car.

"I'm alright, love." I smile. "I've missed ya, Izzy." I pinch his cheek as he helps me into the car.

"I've missed ya too, Flo." He says and I smile. "I can't believe you're pregnant."

"Me either, to be fair." I laugh. "Boy or girl?"

"Haven't got a clue." He laughs. "Who are we going to see today?" He asks as the other Peaky boy, I believe it's Ralph, starts to drive away.

"Alfie Solomons, of course." I smile. "Also have some other type of meeting in London, I can't remember who with, but I'm sure my lovely driver has a location to take me anyway." I pat (hopefully) Ralph's shoulder.

"Course I do, Flo." He laughs.

"Have you seen my dad? Either of you? Is he being nice to whoever else is in the house?" I ask and Ralph laughs.

"Your dad barely leaves the house. And from what I've heard, he's scared of Robbie." He says and my jaw drops.

"Why would he be scared?"

"Have you seen him?" Isaiah asks and I shake my head. "I'll have him be your security tomorrow, in addition to Ralph and I. You've got three meetings tomorrow."

"With fucking who?" I groan. I already know my feet are going to be swelling for at least two days just because of my shoes today, and now I've got to work tomorrow as well.

"I don't know. Two of them are at Tommy's and one in London."

"Story of my fucking life. Of course I have to go to London again. And I bet it's the last one." I shake my head and Isaiah laughs.

"Not sure on that one, love." Ralph says with a laugh.

"How old are you, Ralph? I want to set you up with someone."

"I'm seventeen, Flo. Make her fun, yeah? Someone like you." He turns and winks quickly.

"Oh, I like you. Make me feel like I'm sixteen again."

-

"Alfie!" I shout, walking into his warehouse, a big smile on my face as I wander around with Isaiah at my side, Daniel's old Peaky hat on my head.

"Nice hat, love." Alfie says, coming out of his office, looking at Isaiah and I. "Who's he?"

"Security. I'm with-child, but I'm still working." I say and walk towards him, hold out my arms once we're a few feet away. "How are you?" I ask once he's hugged me.

"I'm good. You're having a girl, then?" He asks, closing the door behind us as we walk into his office, no security in sight, for either of us. "This is just a routine meeting, going over some numbers that you're going to repeat right back to lover boy, yeah?" He asks and I nod with a laugh, taking my hat off.

"Precisely that." I laugh. "How's Jessie?" I ask, putting my feet up.

"Good, I've got a present to give you when we're done doing business. She's quite excited for the gathering that's being held at the Garrison or whatever the name of that bar is-"

"What?" I ask and his eyes widen.

"That might've been a secret party. Act surprised when you go there, then. It's not for another couple of weeks." He nods, speaking like he's treading on egg shells.

"You think I'm having a girl, then?" I ask and he nods. "Everyone does. You got any names?"

"Alfonsina. Nickname Alfie. Got some bad blood with other people in your family, but hey, it's a strong gangster name. Alfie Gray. And nobody will ever guess that she's a girl."

"There is no way my daughter goes around with her first name being Alfonsina, Alfred Solomons. Think logically."

"Jessie likes Gwendoline. Knows you like a name with a nickname, so you could do Gwen." He says and I nod.

"I like that. Officially in the running. Thank you." I nod. "Now, read me some numbers, Solomons." I say, leaning back.

-

"Thank you." I smile at Alfie as he hands me a large bouquet of flowers. "Tell Jess I love them. Thanks for loving her, Alf." I reach up and pinch his cheek. "Let me know if you ever want me to work some Gypsy magic on that skin of yours." I wink and walk to the car, Isaiah's hand guiding my back.

"Oi, Florence wait." He calls me back, and I turn to see that he's motioning me back over. "Gypsy magic? Would that cure me?"

"Do you have a positive outlook?" I ask and he shrugs.

"I could."

"Then it just might."

"Can you be here tomorrow with some supplies?"

"Might be in the middle of the day, might have to spend the night." I shrug.

"I will work around you. Call me when you leave." He pats the top of my head and I smile before turning and going back to the car.

"Isn't he supposed to be a big and bad gangster?" Ralph asks and I nod.

"He's dating my best friend. He won't dare hurt me. Treats me like a princess, to be fair. Said that if he had found me before Michael had that I'd be dating him." I say and Isaiah's eyebrows raise.

"I didn't know that."

"I wouldn't have moved down here for a gangster that would work me out in a deal with Tommy, putting my life at risk because Tom would want me back in Birmingham. I'd probably be fucking dead if I hadn't met Michael, to be fair, so thank God for him." I joke.

"Does Michael know that?" Isaiah asks.

"He'd be very upset if I told him, so I haven't. He isn't all too fond of Alfie." I say, poking his chest. "And you're not going to tell him, right?" I ask, one hand going to my hat, straightening the brim.

"Jesus, you're quite scary, even for a pregnant girl, you know that, Flo?" Isaiah asks, pushing me back and I smile.

"I thought my scare factor had gone away when the bump came. I'm so happy I still have it!" I clap my hands.

"It was the hat." He nods. "You've seen a lot of people get threatened by that hat, and you know exactly how to scare someone with it." He nods. "It was pretty hot, looking back."

"Good thing I'm the only girl that gets to wear a Peaky hat then, or else the population of us would increase tenfold by horny boys." I say, flicking him in the forehead.

/

is this bad?

kinda

are we dealing with that?

yes

can you tell me what you think of these names PLEASE

theodosia, esmerelda, matilda, gwendoline

thomas, jack, vano.

that is all bye sorry i'm so bad at updating!