Nineteen

"I'm going to London. You need to come with?" Thomas asks and I look up.

"Is that a question or a demand?"

"You're in charge of business with Alfie for the time being. Do you need to go to London?"

"I'm what?" I ask, my eyes widening.

"You're in charge of business with Alfie for the time being. For the last time, do you need to go to London?" He asks, his eyes twinkling a bit and I nod.

"I do need to go to London. Let me just tell Michael I'm going and pack a bag."

"You've got an hour." He says and I nod, going to Michael's desk.

"I'm leaving for London with Thomas. Come back to mine for an hour?" I ask with a smirk and he looks up at me.

"What're you going to London for?"

"Tommy's just told me that I'm dealing with all Alfie Solomon's business on my own, and we've got a meeting tomorrow." I say with a small smile.

"That's kind of a big deal."

"Yeah, that's become I'm kind of a big deal." I smirk. "Now come on, I've only got an hour." I say and he quickly stands and we run through Small Heath, smiles and laughs coming out of our mouths as we act like children.

"Come here, you!" Michael says, picking me up and swinging me around as we—he walks down Watery Lane.

"Now actually come here, you." I say turning my head and kissing him as he sets me down on my front step.

"That's all I'm good for, then? A quick fuck before you go to London?" He asks, his lips hovering mine.

"Yeah." I nod. "That's all your good for." I laugh. "Now you going to come in or what?" I ask, pushing the door open.

"Obviously going to come in." He smirks and follows me in, both of us heading right upstairs to our room. "When is Tommy going to buy us a place?"

"Going to talk to him about it today. We'll probably have a place by the time I'm back from London." I say and he nods.

"Sounds good." He says and kisses me again.

-

"Florence!" Thomas enters my house.

"What!" I shout from upstairs as I scramble to get ready.

"What are you-" He pushes my door open and sees me struggling to get my buttons done up as Michael ties his shoes. "Oh." He nods. "Are you packed, at least?"

"I've got a bag packed, yeah." I laugh as he puts his cigarette in his mouth and walks towards me, swatting my hands away from the buttons at the base of my neck and doing them up. "Thanks, Tom." I say as he steps back.

"Not a problem, Flo." He nods and goes to the door. "Your shoes aren't a priority, Michael. Your girl is." He says and then goes downstairs.

"He fucking told you." I say with a laugh. "He's right though. I couldn't do the buttons." I say, putting my hands on his shoulders.

"Maybe I'll come down to London tonight."

"I'm probably staying with Jessie and Alfie. I'm scared, to be honest."

"I'll need an update on them."

"An update you will receive." I nod.

"Has he opened a shop for her yet?"

"That's a surprise for her birthday. I've got to go, now. Love you." I kiss him. "Let me know if you want to come down, I can rent us a hotel or something."