Chapter 15 - Longing

Rey woke up slowly after a dreamless sleep. She had slept so calmly and steadily, as she had not done in an eternity. At first she was a little disoriented, wondering at the softness and warmth that her sleeping pad seemed to radiate.

She sighed with her eyes closed and rested her other cheek on the smooth, soft and warm surface on which she lay. But when she felt her sleeping pad move slightly up and down, she opened her eyes confusedly, only to find herself facing Ben's larynx and chin.

She lay completely on his naked upper body, her arms resting on his shoulders, her fingertips disappeared slightly in his hair. His huge arms were wrapped around her waist, one hand was half on her butt. She froze for a moment, then relaxed again as his breath stayed steady. Ben, despite the fact that she lay on him with all her weight, seemed to be sleeping deeply.

She slowly pulled her arms from his shoulders to his chest and put her chin on her hands to look at him in peace. His usually slightly wrinkled forehead and the mostly serious facial expression were now relaxed and softer during sleep. He looked much younger, more vulnerable ... more attractive ...

She gently stroked a finger over the scar on his chest and was astonished to realize the unbelievable events that had completely turned her life and also his upside down since that night in this forest.

He had noticed the light touch and was muttering lightly in his sleep, his grip on her waist tightening and she realized too late that he was starting to move. She was barely able to hold onto his heavy upper arms when he turned half on his stomach in one fluid motion.

Now he lay sideways, one of his huge legs wrapped around her hips and the rest of her clamped in his arms like a cuddly pillow. His dark long hair tickled her neck and chin. He moved his head back and forth in search of the right position to finally settle down with a happy sigh and a relaxed smile between her breasts.

Rey's heart began to race uncontrollably. She blushed down to her scalp and stared at Ben's mouth, which was now only inches away from her right breast. She had to swallow as the pictures of her last kiss hunted through her head. The moment he had grabbed her and conquered her mouth, her pulse had assumed a similar rhythm like now. It was such an intimate but comfortable feeling to be here with him. She let those sensations go, slowly raising her arms and running her fingers through Ben's thick curls and neck.

He made a kind of deep and comfortable growl and ran his hand over her upper arm, so he wanted to encourage her to continue, which she did with a softly smile. She thought about what would happen if he woke up now. Both of them tightly entwined, his mouth so close to this delicate spot of her body, only a thin shirt separating her fair skin from his bare chest. How it would feel when there was nothing left between them ... Rey's stomach trembled at that thought and a heat spread between her legs.

Her fantasies were interrupted when suddenly and unexpectedly Ben sat up in a flash and pulled her in his arms. He held her forcibly to his chest, activating his lightsaber that was within easy reach of them in a fluid motion.

She screamed in shock at the jerking movements and shouted, "Ben, wake up, it's all right, we're in the cave! No one's here!" and after a short pause, which took her to breathe as deeply as possible, she exclaimed, "Ben, I can't breathe when you push me against you like that!" At that moment, his eyes cleared and he arrived in reality.

Immediately he deactivated the laser sword and loosened his arm around her body, so that she no longer hung in the air, but plopped on his lap. She took a relieved deep breath and he grabbed her arms and shouted, "It ... I'm sorry, I must have been dreaming," he looked worried into her eyes, "are you all right, did I hurt you?"

She shook her head and put her tender hands on his upper arms: "Calm down, everything is all right with me, I just scared myself to death, at one moment you just lay peacefully like a baby on my chest and slept, and the next moment you scare me like a fury ..... is everything all right with you? It was probably a nightmare... "