Chapter 22 - Awakening

Rey awoke with a jolt of deep and dreamless sleep because something was tickling her nose. She jerked her head and sleepily opened her eyes, instantly discovering the cause of the tickling. A few single wild curls from Ben's hair had caught under her nose, as he, too, slowly awakened from sleep and moved his head slightly.

He had wrapped his huge body around her like a blanket and his head lay on her breasts - "how else," she thought with a half-ironic half-embarrassed smile. His hair was ruffled by sleep, framing his half-asleep relaxed face, which made him look much younger in that state. She carefully lifted a hand and stroked the black silky holes out of her face and continued to examine it closely.

It was very quiet in the cave, except for the soft, steady rippling of the spring, and there were hardly any sounds and no light from outside, since it was still early in the morning. Rey could hardly imagine that she had ever felt more comfortable than at that moment in the arms of Ben in this unreal cave. As if they were the only two individuals in the universe. She smiled at her thoughts and looked down at Ben again, only to find two dark brown eyes that looked like laser beams up to her.

'Did I wake you?' he thought, and the words telepathically sent to her echoed with the low tone of his voice in her head. 'Your curls have done this.' she answered him silently and smiled. He smiled back, but his eyes remained strangely intense and hungry on her face. 'I'm sorry, I should make amends ...' he whispered in her head and his eyes fixed on her half-opened mouth.

She did not answer him, but her sudden racing heart and accelerated breath told him all that was needed and invited him to put his repayment into action. He propped his arms next to her body and slid over Rey in a fluid motion. Both of them held their breath for a moment and then he overcame the short distance between their lips and began to kiss her softly and intimately.

Rey was overwhelmed by intense sensations that were not her own, or not just her own, from the moment their mouths touched. These dark, possessive and wild sensations came from Ben and she received them raw, pure and unfiltered, as if she were right in his head. The deep passion he felt reflected her own emotions so closely that it was uncanny.

Ben's temper was put to a severe test as both of them immediately intensified the initially tender kiss and became more and more demanding. Rey wrapped her arms around his waist and pulled closer to him. His lap contracted painfully and he instantly became hard. 'Damn, this woman is still driving me crazy!' he thought. Right now Rey stopped the kiss and he just heard 'Sorry, that was not my intention!' in his head.

Confused, both of them stopped their activities at the same moment, finally realizing that they seemed to be sharing each deepest thoughts with each other. Ben straightened up and thought 'Can you really feel all my thoughts?' Rey also got to her knees, staring at him with concentration and then opened her eyes in amazement. 'I hear you on shifting levels. At first your excitement. Also I can hear a fight of different opinions in the background and' ... she hesitated and her face twisted as if in pain .. 'and your grief ..' a tear gathered in her intense look, which she aimed at him. She paused and frowned hard 'But only when I concentrate very much'

Ben moved farther back from her, it was clear to her that he was not pleased that she could have access to his thoughts. Rey frowned, now intensely focused," and now you're doing something to lock me out again, you're cutting yourself off.' She put a hand on her forehead, evidently he was bothering her and making it harder to penetrate him. Then the bond was broken and both fell backwards.

Rey looked at Ben in amazement: "Tonight our connection must be intensified, I have never been able to see and feel your thoughts so clearly." He still seemed highly alarmed and disturbed because she had succeeded in penetrating his head without real barriers or substantial resistance. When Rey realized that, she was slightly disappointed at first.

Then she thought about it for a moment. How would it be to leave him without protection, without compromise in her head? It would be scary and threatening, for her too. She was like him accustomed to trusting herself first and no one else. As she gained that realization, her disappointment vanished and she approached Ben carefully. "I think that's exactly what we need to do to reach the next level: All barriers must be dropped and we must let each other dive into our souls completely."

Ben looked her in the eye and it was obvious to him that this idea scared him. "I'm not sure if I'm ready to reveal myself completely, not just my good sides, a positive intent, but also to reveal the deep dark areas of my soul, the fears, the doubts, the ill-fated or bad thoughts "I'm not sure if you still want to be in my company after that." He lowered his head and dropped his shoulders.

Rey went to him, gently lifting his strong, angular chin with her hand, and replied, "Well, then we'll be in good company, because my thoughts are not all gentle, they're probably darker and deeper than you imagine Because darkness is slumbering in all of us, and always, the question is, after all, which of your own thoughts you bestow the strongest power on. "

He looked into her eyes for a long time, then just replied, "Why are you so damn smart." He hugged her briefly and kissed her on the crown. "Ok, tonight we will try to destroy all the walls and look into our souls, but now I need physical activity urgently."

She looked at him confused and slightly breathless: "How should I understand that now?" Her brow furrowed, she looked up at him. He hesitated for a moment, then laughed loudly as he realized the ambiguity of his words: "I meant, of course, lightsaber training" then he looked down at her with glowing eyes "although you could also animate me with your obviously dirty thoughts to other "activities"." She blushed and raised an eyebrow: "Very funny, Ren! Come on, let's do some training!"

She turned half embarrassed, half amused on her heel, grabbed her lightsaber and went ahead in the direction of the cave exit. Ben chuckled and followed her, after admiringly picking up his new lightsaber.