Chapter 30 - Visions

Ben woke up with the sleeping Rey in his arms. They lay in the camp of twigs and blankets beside the small-flame burning fire in the cave. The night before they had loved each other a few more times in the water and also outside. With each act their connection became deeper, the souls more closely linked and finally they fell asleep satisfied and exhausted.

He gently stroked some strands of hair from her face resting on his chest. She made a slight smile sighed softly, and went back to sleep. He smiled as well, hugged her harder so she would not get cold, and started to look thoughtful at the crystal-lined blanket of the cave.

From the funnel-shaped opening of the cave ceiling, the first early morning sunlight fell gently inside. Ben ran his free hand through his hair. He still couldn't believe what turn his life, his destiny, had taken in such a short time. He allowed himself a moment's doubt. Would he really be in control of his dark nature? He thought about it for a long time, let pass the past events and days once more in thought. Finally he came to the conclusion that he had made it. Not by destroying this dark side, but by acceptance. He never thought he was capable of that, probably he could not have done it without the very powerful woman in his arms.

He smiled again but then became serious. Rey and he would soon have to face the reality and the events outside of this cave again. They had now completed their transformation and could no longer watch the conflict raging out there without interference. They needed to think about what to do, what they could do to shape the future of the galaxy. He knew that Rey was not prepared to be the leading figure in the destiny of the galaxy, but he also felt it was time they both had to shoulder their responsibilities in this conflict. In the best case now another way had to be found. A way of balance and compromise.

However, with General Hux in the power of the first order this way wouldn't be beaten. He knew him well enough to know that his quest for control and absolute power was limitless, and that he would go over any corpse he deemed necessary. No, a compromise couldn't be made with Hux.

Ben saw another problem in the fact that he was still considered the number one enemy for the rebels. No one but Rey knew about his development and change. How would they manage to convince Rey's friends and allies of his new life path? This problem would probably have to be solved first so that at least one party in this war would be ready to talk.

His thoughts were interrupted abruptly as Rey began to move in his arms. She had closed her eyes but her hands began to move slowly over his body, over his chest and arms to his hips. Immediately his masculinity came to life and demanded more attention.

'Damn woman! You are still driving me crazy!' he cursed in thought as Rey shoved her hand under the waistband of his pants.

'That was the plan!' he heard her voice amused in his head.

He moaned softly as she started to stroke him. Then he grabbed her hands, turned her on her back and lay down on top of her. She opened her eyes and smiled invitingly. She had been naked under the covers and Ben didn't hesitate long, pulled down his pants with a jerk and entered her without further delay. Both sighed excited. He penetrated without haste in long bursts in her, and kissed her tender neck and her small firm breasts, which stretched out eagerly. She pulled him closer and put her legs around his hips to make him feel closer. They loved each other slowly and intensely, without exchanging a word and then fell asleep exhausted again.

'Plans could be discussed later', Ben thought as his eyes closed...

___________________________________

...Ben hurried through the narrow corridors of the base station. On the walls to the left and right of him, small quarters branched off. The walls in front of the entrances were covered with moss and roots. At short intervals, the walls around him were shaken by heavy vibrations and dust and small stones whirled in the air.

As he turned a corner, FN-2187 came suddenly to meet him. "There you are!" FN-2187 rushed towards him and hugged him stormily. Ben froze and was so surprised that he allowed the caress to endure without resistance. "I was worried about you, let's go quickly to the others, we have to join the briefing!" shouted FN-2187 and squeezed his arm.

'What is going on here? What are these confidentialities?' Ben thought as FN-2187 or Finn, as Rey called him, turned and headed the corridor. After two more long corridors, the hallway ended in a large room swarming with followers of the rebels. Instinctively Ben stiffened and his hand went to his belt to grab his laser sword. But nobody seemed to particularly disturb his presence. Everyone was busy with various jobs, some just raised their heads and nodded confidentially to him.

Then finally came the realization: this was not real and it was not even his dream. It was Rey who had this dream or vision and he shared it with her! Slowly, he lowered his hand and tried to relax so as not to interrupt or influence Rey's vision, because he too wanted to know what was to come.

He stood silent in the background and began to watch the frantically confused Rebels. An extremely tiny woman with jet-black hair and an open but determined look joined Finn; He put his arm around her - Rose, as he learned through Rey's mind - and squeezed her close and familiar. The two exchanged a loving look, then turned back to the large conference table that formed the center of the room. It seemed to be the control center of the unit, all high-ranking people were gathered here and discussed the current situation. Finn gestured to him (or Rey) to come to them while Rose waved her joyfully, albeit with a worried face.

Suddenly, a dark-haired man broke loose from the crowd and hurried toward him with a smile on his face. He wore a general's badge but his probably sont serious face makes a relaxed impression when he looked at him (or at Rey). "Rey, finally we meet again, you've been traveling for a long time, was your mission successful? You have undergone a change, even I can feel that you have made a development!"

Ben knew this man, he had him arrested on Jakku and later interrogated. He was a fighter pilot back then. It was Poe Dameron. He was not very excited about how familiar this man was to Rey. To be precise, he totally disagreed with that! But Rey did not give him time to explore his jealousy because she answered:

"Yes, I was successful and would like to introduce you, Finn and Rose to my quarters afterwards with someone who is very important for the further course of our mission and also for me personally." General Dameron raised his eyebrows with interest, "Why didn't you bring this person directly here, we could really use good news, now that the first order has tracked us down again."

"It's a bit complicated, I didn't want to cause any unrest among the participants in the meeting, so trust me when I tell you, it's better to start in our small circle first!" replied Rey.

Suddenly the entire room was shaken by a huge explosion. Ben felt the dismay in Rey's mind about her vision. She tried to break away from the vision, but she didn't succeed. Therefore, they both had to watch as huge boulders fell from the ceiling of the meeting room on the people standing there and buried them. Even Poe, who had stood only a few steps away from them, was hit.

Rey screamed and held out her hands to stop the stones from falling, and then, with a jolt, both were back to consciousness and reality. Rey breathed heavily and looked at him in horror. "Was that a nightmare or a vision, Ben?" He thought about it and after a while replied, "I can't tell you, so we have to assume that it is a vision of a possible future, which means we should not waste time and contact your friends on the spot!"

Both looked each other in the eye seriously and knew that the Star Wars had caught up with them and they had to act immediately.