Chapter 6

Chapter 6

-----------------------------------Present Time-----------------------------------

Krism P.O.V

I tried calming Yami down but he was shaking a lot. We had no clues as to how to retrieve Mark, until it hit me.

“Yami! You said there was a blood trail leading from the room to the window towards the outside, right? Let’s check for traces there” Minx looked up at me.

“It seems like a good idea but what if there is no trail? What if we get there too late??” I look straight into Minx’s beautiful eyes.

“We will get Mark back here no matter what!” I was determined to bring my friend back. Minx turned to Yami.

“Tell all the guards to stay on full alert and to have guards patrol my castle while I’m gone.”

“But Minx, you’re one of Victubia’s most important person. Are you sure you want to go?”

Minx stood up and walked over to a wall, pushed a brick back, and a secret compartment opened, revealing a sword that glowed purple. Minx turns around.

“Yeah...now let’s go! We meet in the back of my castle where the basement window is. Be prepared.”

Once everyone left, Minx ran to her room to get ready, Yami ran outside to warn the guards, and I was left alone in the middle of the hallway.

“A day ago, I was running away from my burned down home, being hunted down and now I’m in the middle of this? Oh Krism” I told myself out loud while going up the stairs towards Minx.

“Minx! Are you ready to go?” I asked through the closed door.  

When the door opened, I was face-to-face with the most beautiful person I ever saw. Minx was standing there, her purple bangs perfect on one side, her suit which had two different shades of purple, and her brown eyes.

“Gosh, she’s beautiful…” Minx blushed.

“Krism, you said that out loud, well, let’s get our friend back, beautiful” she said while smirking.”Nice move Krism...just great” I noticed Minx staring at me like I was stupid.

“What?”

She looked behind me and next to me, confused.

“What’s wrong woman?!” I asked frustrated.

“Where’s your weapon. No sword? Gun?” I stepped back and said while giggling.

“You’ll see my ‘secret weapon’ soon enough” I laughed even harder when I saw her face turn bright red.

Minx brought horses from a nearby stable so we could track down the vehicle if needed, with permission of course. I hopped onto my horse, which I named Bruce for it’s muscular body, the damn horse threw me up in the air. Thankfully a bush “caught” me and I fell on something wet.

“Minx, help me up. I’m sitting on something wet-...It’s BLOOD!” I yelled out and jumped up.

Everyone ran over to me, Minx looked around but couldn’t figure out what just happened. Cry crouched down with a white glow in one hand and the blood on the other. He slowly brought the blood closer to the white glow and then Mark’s face appeared.

“This is Mark’s blood for sure” Cry said, allowing the glow to disappear.

“How did you do that?” I asked, shocked at the white glow.

“Magic”

Marzia ran to the middle of a dirt road.

“Is this a trail of pumpkin seeds? Like the ones to feed the horses?”

I noticed Bruce casually walking over and eating the dirt.

“Yami, did you see a carriage full of food driving away when you looked out the window at the time of the kidnapping?” asked Minx.

Yami nodded and we headed out, climbing onto our horses, and following the trail of seeds. The carriage must have been stolen, from a farm, as an escape vehicle. It was the only lead we had to Mark’s kidnapping.

Did you enjoy this chapter? I hope you did! Why? Because I spent a lot of time on this story and I want you guys to enjoy it as much as possible. Please, comment or message me directly about what you thought about this chapter. I already wrote the enitre story down so I might not add or delete anymore things but feel free to tell me your idea on my story. -Brenda