Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Krism P.O.V

As we got ready to head out, I got this huge throbbing headache and I was unable to stand up. I saw my reflection from a puddle of water and realized that my red eye was glowing bright red. I tried to control my anger but it just kept building up.

“Krism, are you okay?” Minx asks behind me in concern.

“I...can’t control...it” I barely manage to say before my body glows a bright red and my scythe appears in my hand.

“What? No...No.. Stop it” I yell out.

I fall on my knees as the power scorches through me. I couldn’t control it and I wasn’t able to stop myself from what I did next. I stood up with all my force and turn around to face my friends. Their faces were confused and worried.

I slowly calm down until Minx asked, “Krism. Calm down.”

Something started to control me. “Minx, please. Get away!” I tried to say but my mouth would only open without words coming out of it. She got closer. My left arm shot up without my command and a red force hit Minx and threw her towards her friends as they all try to catch her. I started to shake and my headache subdued. I groan in pain as my red eye slowly stopped glowing and my scythe disappears. I took one glimpse at Minx before I collapse on the floor. I blacked out.

I slowly woke up laying down on the floor. My nose bleeding and my head throbbing. I stand up slowly as everyone backed away and stared at me.

“What happened?” then I remembered, “Minx!”

I started to panick and noticed Minx leaning on a tree, a burn mark in the middle of her suit. I slowly backed away.

“No. No. Why? Why wasn’t I able to control it!?”

Minx walks up to me and hugs me.

“Krism, it’s okay. I’m fine. You just lost control. Don’t worry. After this is over we can train you to control your power. Now, sit down so I can wipe the blood off your nose.”

I backed away and tripped over  a branch on the floor.

“Get away! I might hurt you by accident again...please, I don’t want to hurt you” I just sat there crying and repeating what I said. Minx sat next to me and hugged me tightly.

“ I don’t care if you hurt me” Minx said, “ I want you here with me while we rescue OUR friends. Please Krism, Come with us.”  

We got on our horses and galloped to our destination, following the trail. I look over at Minx here and there to check up on her.

“I’m sorry I hurt you Minx. I wasn’t in control.”  She brought our two horses side-by-side, leaned over and kissed me on the cheek.

“Don’t worry about it. Let’s worry about our friends for now.” She said in a soft voice. I smiled and continued.

We passed by a beautiful meadow and I stopped for a minute.

“Krism why are you stopping?” Ken asks.

I got off my horse and walk over some roses. I picked 3 roses up.

“Ouch! Goddamn thorns!” I say as one pricked my finger.

I got 1 red rose, 1 purple rose, and a white rose. I got Pewd’s shoelace and tied it tight around all three roses to hold them together. I walk over and stood in front of Minx.

“For my beautiful girlfriend.” I say blushing.

I gave the roses to Minx and she turned red, I giggled. ”I love it when she gets all red and embarrassed. She’s so cute”  Everyone was saying “awww” except Cry, he stayed silent with a blank face, literally. I kiss Minx on the cheek and climbed on my horse. We continued following the trail.

Hours later, we see a mansion out in the distance, with the seeds trail ending in front of a carriage.

“We made it!” Pewds saying happily, “I’m coming Marzia…”

I galloped to the front of the group and stopped, “Wait! We don’t want them to know that we’re here even if they're expecting us. We stick as a group unless something happens, then we split up...alright. Operation Get Mark/Marzia!” Pewds interrupts.

“Oh! Oh! Can we call it Operation Duck!?”

I sighed,”Yes Pewds. Operation Duck”

We tied the horses to a tree half an hour away from the mansion just in case they suspect anything and we slowly made our way to the nearest window, each one of us with a weapon: Ken has a revolver, Cry has his magic, Minx with her sword, Pewds with his knife, and Yamimash has his strength, I had my red eye. Operation Duck is on!

Did you enjoy this chapter? I hope you did! Why? Because I spent a lot of time on this story and I want you guys to enjoy it as much as possible. Please, comment or message me directly about what you thought about this chapter. I already wrote the enitre story down so I might not add or delete anymore things but feel free to tell me your idea on my story. -Brenda