7. With Me Always

It's me again God,

I feel so blessed to be Your child and to know You are with me always. Thank You for adopting me into Your family!

As I was reading Your Word this morning, I was thinking about how amazing it must have been for Your followers Jesus as they spent time with You, especially after You had risen from the dead. Just to be in Your presence and to listen to Your final instructions must have been incredible!

"After the sufferings of his cross, Jesus appeared alive many times to these same apostles over a forty-day period. Jesus proved to them with many convincing signs that he had been resurrected. During these encounters, he taught them the truths of God's kingdom realm and shared meals with them. Jesus instructed them, "Don't leave Jerusalem, but wait here until you receive the gift I told you about, the gift the Father has promised. For John baptized you in water, but in a few days from now you will be baptized in the Holy Spirit!"" Acts‬ ‭1:3-5‬ ‭TPT‬‬

I was thinking about how great it would be to share a meal with You Jesus as You shared the truth. What a memorable dinner party that would have been! But You have reminded me that You are always with me, as I share dinner with my family and friends or wherever I go because I already have the gift mentioned in the passage - I already have the Holy Spirit!

Thank You that You love me so much that You gave me the best gift ever - knowing that You are with me always - when I wake, when I eat, when I work and when I sleep. Day after day You remind me of Your presence - Father You promise to never leave me and I know You won't because I have Your Holy Spirit within me always!

I am so glad I can be sure You will be there when I come to talk again tomorrow.
Thank You that I can pray in Your Name Jesus because You are alive and seated at the Father's right hand!

Amen.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

To see how God was with His people right from the beginning of time, take a look at my other devotional: 'Light and Life For Today'.