188. Secrets

It's me again God,

Thank You for the depth of Your love, that You would send Your only Son into the world to die for me! Your plan to save me was so amazing but You had so much more for me to enjoy —the benefits of being Your adopted child just keep on increasing! Each day, a little more of Your plan for me is revealed, as I get to know You more intimately:

"That is what the Scriptures mean when they say, "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him." But it was to us that God revealed these things by his Spirit. For his Spirit searches out everything and shows us God's deep secrets."
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭2:9-10‬ ‭NLT‬‬

How special it must have been for Mary to have been told the secret that she would give birth to Your child! I love her response to Elizabeth's confirming words —she breaks out into a song of praise to You:

""Oh, how my soul praises the Lord.
How my spirit rejoices in God my Savior!
For he took notice of his lowly servant girl,
and from now on all generations will call me blessed.
For the Mighty One is holy,
and he has done great things for me.
He shows mercy from generation to generation to all who fear him.
His mighty arm has done tremendous things!
He has scattered the proud and haughty ones.
He has brought down princes from their thrones and exalted the humble.
He has filled the hungry with good things and sent the rich away with empty hands. He has helped his servant Israel and remembered to be merciful.
For he made this promise to our ancestors, to Abraham and his children forever.""
‭‭Luke‬ ‭1:46-55‬ ‭NLT‬‬

You are so wonderful Lord! You certainly blessed this young woman and even though she was a humble and lowly servant girl, You chose her for such an incredible role! Mary's words show that she understood she would give birth to the One who had been promised long ago. Mary knew that You always keep Your promises —even those promises You had made to Abraham so long ago!

I remember the early feelings of being pregnant and how it brought me so much joy to know that a new life was growing inside of me. I can only imagine how special it was for Mary as her body showed those same signs and the words of the angel were found to be true! The words of the prophet Isaiah were coming to pass:

"Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel."
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭7:14‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Lord please keep my eyes on You today. It seems strange that this is the hardest time of the year to keep focused! Our modern day society has built so much around the birth of Your Son to the point where people completely miss the real reason for the season! I'm sure You never intended it to be like this! I love You and just want to see Your deep secrets! Spirit, continue to reveal them to me as I walk through Advent. I want to serve You and let those around me know the real reason to celebrate!

In Jesus' Name,
Amen.