155. Intimacy

It's me again God,

I love the intimacy we share! When I wake, I can be sure You are there with something to say to me —something fresh that You just need to highlight from Your Word. I am so blessed that You keep pointing me to various truths because You want me to know You deeper and to be sure of my own identity and value.

"What marvelous love the Father has extended to us! Just look at it—we're called children of God! That's who we really are. But that's also why the world doesn't recognize us or take us seriously, because it has no idea who he is or what he's up to."
‭‭1 John‬ ‭3:1‬ ‭MSG‬‬

I am Your child —that's who I really am! I am loved so much! Thank You for the reassurance and the fact that because of Jesus, I will always be Your child. This is not a relationship that will ever end. I am part of Your forever family!

I like the way this version of the Bible translates the last part of the verse —the world doesn't recognise us or take us seriously because it has no idea who You are or what You are up to! This is why I am often misunderstood. People cannot understand why I choose to take time to meet with other Christians on a Sunday or why I read Your Word each day.  They don't understand why I pray but I am just like a young child calling out to their daddy!

"And so that we would know for sure that we are his true children, God released the Spirit of Sonship into our hearts—moving us to cry out intimately, "My Father! You're our true Father!""
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭4:6‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Thank You so much for giving me Your Spirit to live in my hearts, a constant reminder that I am linked so intimately to You!

"And you did not receive the "spirit of religious duty," leading you back into the fear of never being good enough. But you have received the "Spirit of full acceptance," enfolding you into the family of God. And you will never feel orphaned, for as he rises up within us, our spirits join him in saying the words of tender affection, "Beloved Father!" For the Holy Spirit makes God's fatherhood real to us as he whispers into our innermost being, "You are God's beloved child!""
‭‭Romans‬ ‭8:15-16‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Thank You that I am fully accepted and will never be an orphan! Thank You that the Holy Spirit makes Your fatherhood real in the way He whispers to me that I am Your beloved child! That is just what happened this morning! This image will be replayed over and over today, as every time I see a child being cared for and treasured by their parent, I will picture myself with You! Just as a parent keeps their eyes on their child to keep them safe, I will remember that You are watching over me.

Thank You that just as a parent talks to their child all through the day, I can be sure You will keep speaking to me as I go about the work I must do. I love You Father and just want to continue to appreciate every blessing that is mine because I am Your child.

Because Jesus came,
Amen.